Will they fix the missing html on lookups or do I have to re-do it all?

cutemustard

I had just spent hours getting all of my pet lookups and my user lookup to be perfect, and now they are all gone.
I know that with the maintence, one the of the problems they are fixing is the missing html for these pages, but will they be restored, or will I have to spend another afternoon fixing it all up again?
I just dont wanna waste my time now for them to all disappear again.

Any ideas? Thanks!

This is what TNT have said about Petpages:

• Site Spotlight Down - Pet Pages are currently unavailable right now. As a result, this week's Site Spotlight has been cancelled. We will be looking into the issue with Pet Pages, and will update you next week as we make progress. Thank you!

Therefore I would wait until they have tried to fix the issue and have an update, before doing it all again and possibly have all your hard work undone again. Hope that helps. :)

I'd suggest waiting it out too and I don't think you can actually make changes to your lookups right now. I tried mine the other day and kept getting an error when I went to save my changes. I always keep a backup copy of all my pet lookups, pet pages and user lookups in case something wonky happens. You can do this in any text edit program.

Hopefully they fix it for you so you don't have to do all that work again. :)

Depending on what the cause of the issue is, it may be restored, or it may not be. I'll echo the others and say don't touch anything till they state it's fixed so you don't risk messing anything up in the case they have a way to recover it as it was when this happened.

And, as Dawn said, backups are great. You can just copy/paste all of your code into any word processor you'd like. Word should work fine (and retain your formatting, for the most part) or you can be fancy and download Notepad++ and save it as an actual .css or .html file (depending on what you're up to) and it'll color the code based on brackets and keywords and give you helpful suggestions for coding. (Notepad++ is awesome.)

But yeah. Leave it alone for now. If nothing else TNT should be able to restore all petpages and lookups data from the last general backup before the downtime, which is better than nothing.