Something Has Happened: Lag-b-Gone!

hrtbrk

You probably missed it and loaded the site after they had taken the gifts down. If you receive it on your main, you shouldn't get it on your sides as well.

Oof, really? I should go check my sides and make sure the gifts are gone, then. I got them on both my sides first.

Edit: Nope, all of the gifts, including NC, are on my side accounts as well as my main. Would it be best to discard them?

Still haven't received anything yet and have pretty much been on for half the day haha. Ah well- I'm sure it will come around. :rolleyes_anim:

As hrtbrk posted earlier, it was announced in the News that they have suspended the gifts as people are recieving duplicates and they need to resolve the issue. They're hoping to get everything working properly for Monday, so you'll have to wait until then.

i kept refreshing and visiting different pages and i haven't gotten anything at all !!! and i really need that NC for the discount they're having :sad02: it's unfair that most people got 300NC to buy double the items that i can buy if i receive the NC on Monday

Oof, really? I should go check my sides and make sure the gifts are gone, then. I got them on both my sides first.

Edit: Nope, all of the gifts, including NC, are on my side accounts as well as my main. Would it be best to discard them?

This is going to sound..... Logical and awful at the same time. BUT... Do you really HAVE to discard items? They goofed, so it's not really your problem. I can't imagine them freezing an account because of a glitch you don't have anything to do with. Just sayin.

Edit: I did not receive anything as I missed the site rewards....

This is going to sound..... Logical and awful at the same time. BUT... Do you really HAVE to discard items? They goofed, so it's not really your problem. I can't imagine them freezing an account because of a glitch you don't have anything to do with. Just sayin.

Edit: I did not receive anything as I missed the site rewards....

1) it has been said multiple times that TNT has officially said they prefer if you discard the extra items. Even if it's their goof, you are capitalizing on what amounts to a glitch which is against Neopets' rules. Which means yes there is a possibility of freezing.

"A glitch? If you do happen to find a "glitch", immediately stop using it and report it in the proper section here. If you don't report it and continue to exploit it, your accounts will be frozen. " http://www.neopets.com/termsfaq.phtml(it may have been in response to a game but it applies everywhere as has been clarified in editorials over the years)

2) Yes, as mentioned only a couple posts previously they are suspending the rewards until they fix things in regards to people getting duplicate items or no items etc.,. You had like an hour and a half to get on and get the items before they decided to suspend it for the time being.

Well, I'm glad they're doing something to say thank you to everyone for having patience. It's not expected, but it's a nice gesture. And I'm relieved to hear that it's been postponed until Monday because I was going to get very cranky if I'd missed out on it. I missed out on an avatar last year (when they switched over) because I didn't go to the news page until it was too late. I was spitting chips, I can tell you! At that point in time I rarely looked at the news page, so it wasn't something I would have just routinely done. When I think about it now, I can't believe I never used to check it, but I certainly learned my lesson!

1) it has been said multiple times that TNT has officially said they prefer if you discard the extra items. Even if it's their goof, you are capitalizing on what amounts to a glitch which is against Neopets' rules. Which means yes there is a possibility of freezing.

"A glitch? If you do happen to find a "glitch", immediately stop using it and report it in the proper section here. If you don't report it and continue to exploit it, your accounts will be frozen. " http://www.neopets.com/termsfaq.phtml(it may have been in response to a game but it applies everywhere as has been clarified in editorials over the years)

2) Yes, as mentioned only a couple posts previously they are suspending the rewards until they fix things in regards to people getting duplicate items or no items etc.,. You had like an hour and a half to get on and get the items before they decided to suspend it for the time being.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Just an opinion, but that's kinda "interesting" that that would freeze an account over something like that. I've never had a glitch and received anything, but without knowing this info I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Just an opinion, but that's kinda "interesting" that that would freeze an account over something like that. I've never had a glitch and received anything, but without knowing this info I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it.

It would give you an unfair advantage, and TNT has always been about not letting people have such things. They've been very careful with balancing premium and the NC mall so that those who can't afford either aren't left in the dust.

After all, if you can be frozen for doing dailies on all of your accounts, why not for taking advantage of a duplication glitch (as that IS what it is)?

And you're welcome.

For anyone who still has the extra items, I wouldn't sit there and be expecting TNT to remove the extras. That would take a lot of work to separate what happened to who.

As for those asking about the NC, if you didn't receive it yet but got the other items it may have been suspended with everything else related to this.

Today, I went to collect my daily Altador prize, and I was given the prizes that you receive when you first complete the plot (5,000np, Royal Astronomer Trophy, and the four other odds n ends prizes) . What they heck? I completed the plot a year ago! I guess It would be wrong to keep the 5,000 np...

Today, I went to collect my daily Altador prize, and I was given the prizes that you receive when you first complete the plot (5,000np, Royal Astronomer Trophy, and the four other odds n ends prizes) . What they heck? I completed the plot a year ago! I guess It would be wrong to keep the 5,000 np...

I had the same thing just happen... :/ I completed that plot years ago, (I have been collecting the daily for years, :P ).

Edit: The NPs and items didn't actually show up in my inventory, I just received the message. Whew...that was a close one...

I can't log into neopets or hardly visit ANY page at all...is this normal for everyone right now?? or just my connections??

You may be interested in this thread. Or a number of other ones discussing the issues.

Also, downforeveryoneorjustme.com is helpful.

Error: Sorry, but this section of the site is undergoing a quick fix or revision. We'll get it back up as soon as possible!

I'm on Neopets but can't get to where I need to be, such as Battledome for my daily battles, then fighting in the latest faction skirmish, then I need to do a couple of can't miss dailies, and also I would like to purchase some of the discounted NC items today.

Is anyone else able to get further than your inventory page, and if so, what browser are you using?

It has nothing to do with your browser, it has everything to do with the servers Neopets is on. Even if you were to be on Chrome it wouldn't make any difference.

I was able to get into the NCMall, my SDB, to the bank, to my inventory, for a short time then it's giving me 'can't be displayed'. And then I finally managed to get back to the NC Mall to purchase the discounted accessories I wanted.

I didn't get the 300 NC either :(

The NC as always takes a little bit to show up on your account. Just be patient and it'll show up eventually. :)