Neopets Down For Maintenance Again TONIGHT!

hrtbrk

Red Pteri for me here. It's sliiiiightly better than not loading at all, but still... Pretty depressing.

That's the spirit, Leverhelven. Glass is half full or in this case a Pteri is better than a 404 message. :)

Ugh... neopets barely working like the whole day or just offline... I wanna make a user lookup! :(

Was it working a little earlier?

So much for the Obelisk War and my FQ/Lab cookies this week. :P

I have a lot of patience but even I"m getting frustrated now.

I'm an adult, a Mom player and think that most here have shown a lot more patience than me. I'm trying to tell myself that this is a kid's game and that it's a good thing that Neopets is down, yet Neopets can be fun when it's working. :)

it is annoying. The site keeps going up and down. Half an hour ago it was working pretty well for me so I headed to Neoboards. Made a topic and suddenly the site is down again. I know that the best would be to just leave it until they are 100% finished with fixing it. But it is just frustrating. The last few days were terrible. Cannot buy NC...

I even thought about going premium after a break but now I am not quite sure...

Wait a second, it was online again and working?

I have been trying for the past hour+ to log on yet keep getting the Red Pteri. :sad01_anim:

Update:

This site says Neopets is working but I keep getting the red Pteri. Not sure what is going on.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.neopets.com/

Yep, I'm getting the red Pteri too. The site was working earlier today (albeit at a snail's pace). I managed to get my dailies done and some other things, but frustrated that even after taking a break from Neopets for a few months, the lag is still real :(

Yep, I'm getting the red Pteri too. The site was working earlier today (albeit at a snail's pace). I managed to get my dailies done and some other things, but frustrated that even after taking a break from Neopets for a few months, the lag is still real :(

Aha, thanks Rurui. Congrats on getting your Dailies done. :) That's good news that they're making some progress anyway. Still I don't understand why they haven't made any updates on twitter or Facebook.

When you were on earlier, did you notice any mention of Neopets fixing the gift glitch where they sent to some accounts, apology gifts, NPs and NC, with some people getting double and triple gifts, NPs and NC, including many side accounts while other accounts received nothing?

The red pteri is basically a landing page, meaning that the site is actually up - you just cannot access it.

When you see that, downforeveryone.com is a useless tool.

Thank you Hrtbrk. That's good to know! :) With a few people reporting that they have been able to play a little on Neopets, I thought that perhaps there was a problem with my ISP or my computer being unable to interface with Neopets' servers.

Were you able to get online earlier today?

Is it possible for someone to post a huge announcement here on TDN if and when Neopets re-opens today? It's frustrating that some have been able to log-on and play a little while others are left in the dark with no announcement from TNT anywhere.

Also before I forget is it possible for you or someone to post TDN's chat link here?

Thanks! :)

I was able to load up too, but it took a bit, so unless it's necessary for you to be on neo right now I'd probably stay off for a bit and let the traffic come down. I'm sure everyone will be jumping on at the same time.

So glad to hear your lookup code is back, now might be a good idea to copy and paste it into a text document for the future just in case something hiccurps. :)

I just signed on. It seems to be less laggy and my lookup code is back.

:)

Good news! I was able to load Battledome and it is working. Thanks for the update!

I was able to load up too, but it took a bit, so unless it's necessary for you to be on neo right now I'd probably stay off for a bit and let the traffic come down. I'm sure everyone will be jumping on at the same time.

So glad to hear your lookup code is back, now might be a good idea to copy and paste it into a text document for the future just in case something hiccurps. :)

Good idea Mouseykins! :)

Thanks for letting me know! Was finally able to get my battles and dailies in. Didn't think it was going to happen today. :)

27th January Neopets News Update

• Lag Update - We have received many reports regarding our site lag over the weekend. This resulted in us taking down the site for some time last night to work on making things run faster again. We still have not fully resolved the issues that we have found. As a result, we will be unable to release the lag prizes as promised. We hope you understand, and we apologize for the inconvenience! Just so you know, there may be some intermittent downtime this week. We will make sure to update you in news (or on Facebook and Twitter) if the site has to come down for a long period. Thank you everybody!

In case someone misses the opportunity of being able to log on today, that's the latest from Neopets' News page. Good luck everyone! :)