Unable to unequip item?

Whenever I try to unequip my item from my Neopet, I get this error popup that says:

"Oops! Something went wrong while trying to unequip the item. Please reload the page and try again."

When I reload the page and try again, it gives me the same error. I have tried this on both Google Chrome browser and on Mozilla Firefox. I have tried enabling and disabling my PIN. Nothing has worked so far. has anyone run into a similar error and/or know how to fix it?

Here is a screenshot for reference:

http://i.imgur.com/Ou1Txgz.png

Thanks in advance for your help!!

This is likely one of the mess of glitches that's come about as as result of the maintenance and server issues. There's been a number of issues relating to moving items around, including equipping things, moving clothes to closets, moving things to SDBs.... I'm not sure if I've heard of this specific one before but it's similar enough that it doesn't surprise me.

You'll just have to leave it be for now and try again later. Tomorrow at the earliest, probably.

I submitted a ticket about this issue a few days ago and got an email back this morning basically saying they are aware of the issue and it's on the todo list. No indication of timescales given, I suppose we just try and unequip every now and again and hope they get fixed soon. I have a greater healing scroll I want to equip but I can't get rid of my current healing item first and you can only equip one healer on a neopet.

Oops! Something went wrong while trying to unequip the item. Please reload the page and try again.

Yep, I tried to unequip one of my pieces of equipment too and that's the message I just got. Sounds like a glitch, based on the info Greyshe_wolf provided. Otherwise, I would've guessed it might be a security thing while TNT works on the site. Oh well, at least, lag-willing, we can still battle. And depending on whom you battle and the level of your defense, the Leaf Shield can be quite useful. ;) Mine has served me very well over the years. :) (Though I must admit it's not presently equipped. lol) But the opponents I'm fighting these days don't have much earth, water or physical icons to defend against. That, and Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage abilities are all I really need to defend my pet at present with the opponents I'm currently fighting.

Tried to unequip the scarab ring because I put it on the wrong pet and nope won't let me.

Guess I have to wait. Hope it fixes semi-quickly.

Thought I was the only one having a problem :)) I just submitted a ticket too, and a post here at the forums about that. A bit glad to know it's just not me, but hopefully this issue gets resolved soon :)