Leaving Neopets

CurlyFreys

First off, I know this could be put in the adoption topic, but since it was sort of an announcement plus an adoption thing, I figured I would put it here.

I have decided to leave Neopets. I am having a hard time in my life right now and don't really have time for it. If I do ever return, it will be with a fresh new account and a clean start.

I don't currently have much but I do have a pets with good names to put up for adoption.

These are the ones up for adoption.

Viihrea a male Desert Eyrie. Only level 22.

RobinofSherwood a male Yellow Eyrie. Only level 1. [Was going to dye him brown and make him into a Robin Hood themed pet.]

Khreana a female Red Eyrie. Only level 9.

Pyrrama a male Snot Meerca. Only level 3. This was my lab rat. Started off as a red version of the new pet.

I will be deleting my account [or deactivating whichever one Neopets does.] on the 3rd of February, so a week from now. If you want one of them, please message me before then.

I am sad to be leaving as I've been playing Neopets since I was really young, but my life is really sucky right now and I feel bad just leaving my account and pets unattended.

Awe you shouldnt totally give up on your account. Just keep it inactive for a bit? Who knows you may one day wanna come back to it? Aged accounts are fun accounts :P

Its sad to hear youre going, but I think you know whats best for you and I hope you all the best in the world :)

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I hope you can get it sorted out.

It's obviously your choice what you want to do with your account but in my opinion if you do end up coming back (and I hope you can) you'll regret losing your account. You said it yourself that you have played since you were young, and I'm sure you have a lot of memories with the game and your pets.

The Neolodge allows you to house your pets for up to 28 days without worrying about tending to them, and I'd be glad to cover the costs if you want to try that. I'm sure there are a lot of people on here willing to care for them if you'd rather not worry about checking them in each month though.

Regardless, good luck :)

Really sorry to hear that you're having a tough time. Things don't stay the same forever though and just know it's going to get better. I hope you can come back too and like the others, I hope you keep your account for when you do decide to come back. If you need help, with maintaining it, we're here for you too. But it is up to you ultimately.

Awe you shouldnt totally give up on your account. Just keep it inactive for a bit? Who knows you may one day wanna come back to it? Aged accounts are fun accounts :P

Its sad to hear youre going, but I think you know whats best for you and I hope you all the best in the world :)

I agree, if you think you will come back, I recommend that you keep the account, there are perks having and older account, like the number of transfer per month, that you can bet a lot more on Food club, that you can access the abandoned attic (+36 months), and more. When I left Neopets, I didn't thought that I would come back, as a matter of fact, I spent several years without coming, and now I regret not remembering my account information.

If you think you may come back, I also vote for you to keep the account. Since some things you can never get again, like event trophy, retired avie, some site themes. etc.

But if you are determine to delete the account I hope you consider selling valuables from your scb to other (I myself would dearly love some old event stamps since I didn't know about album I never exchange my points for them until recently.) And donating your money for the alp here. http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=tdnalp But it's your choice, of course.

I hope you will choose whatever choice that you won't regret for.

Good luck! (both online and offline)

It's sad to see you go. :c As the others have already mentioned, another option besides deleting your account would be just to leave it inactive until you decide to return in the future. Of course, it's still up to you to do what you will with your account in the end. As for your Eyries, I still have one more spot left, so I would be happy to adopt any one of your pets. I might be a new-ish user both here and on Neopets, but you can be certain they will be in good hands. All the best in your future endeavours and may things go smoothly in your life. Take care, and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

I'm sorry to hear that you'll be leaving neopets :( I would never have the guts to deactivate an account (although with the account purges neo has swept two of my accounts away for me :p)

There are a LOT of perks for an older account, I wouldn't want you regretting your decision

but best of luck in your future endeavors! :) I'm sure you will have no problem finding homes for your pets but unfortunately I can't be one of them

I am sorry to here about your difficult time, I hope things start looking up for you very soon. :( It is sad to see so many users leaving the site lately, but I hope that you will return later on when the problems you are having in life have gone away.

As the others have said I would highly suggest leaving your account. If you don't have much of an attachment to your pets then I would adopt out, but it takes many years to build an account back up. It's not very easy to replace an account as it is with pets, if you did decide to come back it would stink to have to be a Newbie account all over again!

I hope things work out well for you too.

I would be happy to take RobinOfSherwood for you and I'll have fun dressing him up. I love the idea of a Robin Hood theme - I would have fun with that. I think Desert color would work well too. Anyways...NM me if you'd like me to take him. I have room on my side account.

Think of Neopets as an old friend, not old furniture. Some old friends we stay closer to than others, but a true friend is still there when you eventually get back in touch. You are the kind of person Neopets was made for--someone who cares enough about her virtual pets to want them to have a good home and daily food. That's why I gave you that paintbrush, because you deserve it. 0:) You have a good heart <3 and it means more to you because you are so special and you care so much. We need people like you to stay. I hope you will. :)