Another newbie appears o/

jellysundae

Hi =3 I used to play on Neo years ago but lost access to my account from a combo of password stopping working and a defunct email address. I was actually logging in to change the email to a new one when my password refused to work, typical, right? >< My account was 7 years old at the time, it's 12 and a half years now T_T http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=jellysundaeI can't even look at my look up, seeing my poor pets makes me want to cry :crying_blow: Maybe I'll try again one day to get it reactivated, we'll see.

In the meantime I finally made a new account and I really do feel like a massive newb now xD So I signed up on here so I can ask dumb questions ;D and hopefully make some new friends, I've already seen a name that looks like someone I know from elsewhere so that's awesome :D

Hey there welcome to the forums! If you still remember some information about your old account you could try to submit a ticket asking for it back. :) I know some people have had success in that as long as they had enough identifiable information that nobody else would know. (Who your friends were, neomails you may still remember, passwords and email changes you've had, NC purchases, etc.)

If you have any questions with your new account you are welcome to ask me! Hope to see you around!

Hi :D I did the ticket thing years ago, I remember the "who are your friends" question, lol. I listed a whole bunch of people and told them the email linked to the account and probably other stuff that I can't remember now, but I never heard anything back so I kind of gave up :*

I'll give you a question! Has the Bouncy Supreme score:np ratio been altered, do you know? I played it earlier, scored a smidge over 1000 (I'm pretty rubbish at it xD) and got 1000NP :eh: pretty sure I only ever got a couple of hundred before. Reminds me of how the Sutek's Tomb earning ratio used to get changed all the time ><

Ah I know how that is. I have a ticket sitting from 2013 that hasn't been assigned to anyone yet. :/ I update it every few months but it doesn't seem to help. I don't know why some people get answers within a week, some within a few months, and others have to wait years.

I know recently a lot of ratios were changed, I think it was sometime around the transition. I don't know much about np ratios honestly but the games I used to play daily for years suddenly became impossible to make decent neopoints off of. I haven't played games since (started just using the BD for neopoints) so I'm not sure if this has been changed. I'm sure someone knows much more about it though! I just haven't asked around about it to get anymore information. I was never very good at games anyway. XD

Hi, welcome! I was able to get my first account back after 7 years. The tickets weren't going through, so I just sent an email straight to TNT and I had it taken care of within a week. I think my case is a rare one, but there is definitely hope! I would say maybe wait until all the transition bugs are taken care of, but I don't know how soon that will be. As far as games go, neopoint ratios are changed on the 25th of each month.

Ratios are changed every month? :O That's an interesting way for them to do things, a way to try and get people to not just stick with the same games, maybe?

Interesting you saying about emailing them directly, I did that about a year ago and didn't hear anything back. Really I'm not bothered, it's so long ago that I lost access to that account that I'm totally over it, it really is only if I look at my pets and see them sad and starving that it bothers me, so I don't look :ph34r:

I've hardly used the BD so far, right now I'm saving up NP for Neohome stuff (the classic neohomes are one of the things that have been fixed \o/) when I get frustrated with my lack of design skills I'll probably start training my little guy :laughingsmiley:

I couldn't even tell you what my first username was for Neopets but I remember fondly of those days when I was a wee lad.

Welcome back to the site, unfortunate about your old account.

HAHA! Well good luck with that then, you never know, whoever reads it might have a sense of humour/be having a good day and be willing to give you another chance :D

I did make a secondary account years ago, started off with a Jubjub that I intended to end up coconut, but I can't remember the name of that one at all, so you're def not along there Shane ><

Yeah, can't deny that if I made the effort to get my old account back then I'd be totally paranoid about doing something wrong, or being perceived to have done something wrong. TNT got uber banhappy when I was originally active, so because I don't know any better as yet it's how I still think of them. Hopefully that's not the case so much now though.

Always good to think positive :D I'm super glad that I'm not alone with that paranoia though, makes me feel less of a worrywart =3

I never even posted on the boards when I was active before, too full of junk, I was heavily active in a guild but I didn't venture anywhere else. Unless the guild set up has changed I think it would drive me insane now xD 15 different conversations going on in that solitary thread, what a nightmare! ><