Which account should I use?

Hello! This is... actually one of my first posts here. I think I hung out here way back in the day, but I haven't been on much for a year or two.

Here's my problem:

I've been playing Neopets since 2003. My first account was, for a long time, my main. Then Neopets switched ownership and Viacom was really ban-happy, so I made a new account. First Account became my side, and I used New Account as my main, thinking I wouldn't be so upset if it got banned. Well, things happened, and I got really rich on New Account. I had the lab ray, tons of avatars and trophies, and several million in the bank.

In 2011, New Account was frozen for "cheating" at Bouncy Supreme. I set a really high score after months of practice, and instead of a trophy, I got frozen. Appealing didn't help. I went back to First Account, now quite old, and made it my main once again. I built it up and was nearing my original status.

When JumpStart bought Neopets, I heard about people getting old bans repealed, so I tried it. Lo and behold, New Account was unfrozen after three and a half years. Now I have a problem. First Account has all of my original pets, which I made 11 years ago, and has site participation trophies that I'm pretty proud of, like the Obelisk. It also has my Battledome pet and about 7 million in the bank. New Account has other site trophies, like Faeries Ruin and Atlas of the Ancients, 13 million in the bank, and the lab ray.

Which account do you think I should use as my main now that I have both? And once I decide, how can I transfer my wealth between them without TNT thinking I'm cheating/scamming and freezing one or both of my accounts?

Thanks!

I would make my decision based on avatars and the number of rare/plot related avatars, but that's just me :) If trophies are your thing then I would decide based on which trophies you like better. As far as the np goes, I would imagine you can transfer your NP to one account or the other so long as you only earn NP/play games on that one account from here on out. I keep a decent chunk of NP on a side as a "security blanket" of sorts - I simply transferred the NP via the TP. As far as your pets go, you can shuffle them around however you please ^_^

Youre allowed to transfer. Just make sure when you do transfer youre not using both accounts for dailies etc. I kinda had the same delima. Got my old account "un-lost" and transfered from my new (more successful) account. I think its pretty much up to you what you wanna do. I stuck with my old account because it was aged and I appreciated that more overall. Everyone has reasons. YOu could always transfer pets to your new main etc. 'Like i said just be careful. When you do choose make sure 100% nothing is being done double. Like investing in stocks or have old investments in your old account before you transfer to your new one. You dont want anything to look suspicious.

OK. So at this point I'm kind of leaning toward keeping my old account. Maybe I'll use the NP on the newly-unfrozen one to buy some Hidden Tower BD items... those will transfer as a gift, so it will be simple.

Once I decide, though, am I allowed to sell off the stocks from the unused account and send the money to the other one? Or do the stocks just have to sit untended forever?

Ok so now I'm a little confused, after reading posts, as to which account you are going to use. Do you play Food Club? If you do, go with the oldest account because you can bet more. If you don't, as long as you have access to the abandoned attic, ect and is over 4 months (I'll assume yes) then you're golden. You are allowed to transfer NP & leave NP in side accounts but you are not allowed to make any money in side accounts. IF YOU ARE TRANSFERING MAIN ACCOUNTS YOU SHOULD ONLY DO SO ONCE. Sell off all your stocks, remove everything from your shop, ect. Anything that you could make money from aside from RE's should be taken down or removed.

You can transfer the money via TP or auctions (once running again) just make sure it's a junk item and NF only. Also, I'll assume the emails aren't the same? Change them so they are and TNT will see it is a side account. You can store items and stuff and send them bck and forth, there are no rules against that. If you want to leave money in your side then do it. I leave about 500k in mine for pet transfers and neolodge money and sometimes I send over items from my main when I know I won't use them for awhile. Like my Draik MP, I'm storing in my side until I save up and get my water paint brush.

Like someone said, go with the account that has the most trophies, avatars, site themes ect that cannot be achieved any longer. You can always get newer trophies but those old ones stand out.

I would definitely go with the old account!! There's so many perks that accompany aged accounts -one of my favorites being the maximum bet when playing food club.

I would recommend looking at this guide for tips in how to switch successfully if that's what you plan on doing (I was reading this myself a little while ago- it's a good guide)

http://www.neopets.com/~akaunts#switch

It also talks about what you can or cannot transfer..it should answer all of the questions you might have

good luck!! and congrats on getting your accounts back :thumbsup:

oh! and P.S. sell off all your stock before the switch!

When JumpStart bought Neopets, I heard about people getting old bans repealed, so I tried it. Lo and behold, New Account was unfrozen after three and a half years.

Hi all! How long does your account have to be frozen before TNT deletes it? I notice I had an old account that was hacked and then frozen by TNT. I appealed but they just said they couldn't do anything about what happened. I eventually made a new account but I really miss my old account. I had a mutant Aisha on it too :( I occasionally search my old pets and account but lately they are not coming up in the search. Is there anyway I'd get it back now?

All right, the Food Club (which I do play) is a good point, so I think I'll stick with my oldest account.

Thanks so much for the info on transferring! That guide is really helpful, too. And I assume it's OK to use the lab ray on my side, since that's the one that has it, right? There's no way to make a profit from it, so if I wanted to send my pets back and forth to zap, that would be OK?

Hi all! How long does your account have to be frozen before TNT deletes it? I notice I had an old account that was hacked and then frozen by TNT. I appealed but they just said they couldn't do anything about what happened. I eventually made a new account but I really miss my old account. I had a mutant Aisha on it too :( I occasionally search my old pets and account but lately they are not coming up in the search. Is there anyway I'd get it back now?

Unfortunately I have no idea. :( You could send in a ticket and ask them. I honestly thought mine would be deleted before I got it back, but it looks like they didn't sweep the frozen accounts during that time.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say your account has been purged if your pets no longer show up. I had an old account that I couldn't access (it wasn't frozen, though) that I would look up every now and then. I looked last year and ... nothing came up. After realizing it was purged I came back to Neopets. Strange how that works.

But! I wish you good luck. Let us know what happens!