How is this even possible?

EyelinerOppa

I was just doing my own thing, getting my dailies and all, and when I was playing Fashion Fever, I happened to look at the high scores for no reason, and got a surprise. Is this even possible? I tried looking at the username's high score table, and it is indeed his high score on Fashion Fever. It got a good laugh out of me, for some reason.

5yucnd.jpg

HAHA xD Brainiacs convention, I guess? What's the point of cheating on a game with a fixed high score, so cheating absolutely guarantees that you're gonna get rumbled immediately, idiots :laughingsmiley:

Well, this is his explanation...

"hi all. i've been playing neopets games on and off on this account for fun recently - however i think the lag has messed me up and that's why i got a crazy score for fashion fever. i've been playing through the lag and it said the score was being reviewed - which confused me. this lag is terrible and because i played a different game afterwards it must have confused TNT and they must have put my score in wrong *cry*

please stop neofriending me and neomailing me about it because i have no idea why it happened - this is just my guess."

It's a legit explanation because of the lag. Hm... What do you guys think?

Lag can definitely cause doubling issues, on the site I work on temporary lag can cause repeat purchases in the stores and double/triple posts in the forums, and people not getting their gold for game scores, so it's totally a legit reason on the surface. But what this person's saying is ridiculous, I don't see any way for it to be possible for scores for one game to be given to another, that's BS and the kind of thing a kid with no clue/commonsense about how websites/online games work would say.

Who really knows what happened though? It's gotta be mortifying for them no matter what went on, whether they were cheating or not they're now in the public eye and being judged from afar by many, not a nice position to be in. : /