"I used to..."

EyelinerOppa

I'd like to believe I'm not the only one with silly "I used to"s in Neopets, so I hope you could share yours. :)

I used to be really afraid of the old image of Coltzan in Coltzan's Shrine, so I'd rarely go to that daily, and if I do, I cover the screen. XD

There was also this one time I was spinning the wheel of monotony, and I got the Lair Of The Beat prize, and it gave me such a fright that I ended up running out of the room with my brothers.

I also used to think that Jelly World was actually on the Map of Neopia, and would spend quite the amount of time searching for it. :)))

I never realised, not for years, that there was more to the map than the default view, I clicked on one of the red arrows by accident one day and boy didn't I feel like a fool then. :rolleyes_anim:

@jellysundae you have just informed me that there's more than one view of the map! Guess we all have things to discover. I can't think of any 'I used to's off the top of my head, but I used to be totally intimidated by the old battledome and trading post, I had no clue how they worked.

lol!! that lair of the beast is pretty terrifying D:

I used to think the word "inventory" was some made up word pronounced "invent-ery" like you know, it's a cool place where you can invent things? When I heard it used in real life I was like "ooh".

^haha and I also just discovered the arrows on the world map far too recently. So recently that it's pretty embarrassing xD

Excellent! It always feels so much better when you find you're not the only one who'd totally missed something. :D

I know I used to be intimidated by the Snowager xD He knows how to glare! Not now though, you don't scare me you big frozen worm!

mmm, well i already mentioned this in another post but i used to think that the shops icon on the old neopets bar was to actually buy stuff with real money so i never bothered with it. I also thought neomail was the hotmail of neopets or something. and I was like er---- i dont want a @neopets.com email....

Not so much what I used to DO...but what I used to NOT DO.

For YEARS...nearly EIGHT YEARS...I did not click on ANYTHING but Games.

I knew nothing of the Boards, of Plots, of Wars, of Battling, of Avatars, of Themes, of Trading Post, of Auctions, of User Shops, of NC items...nothing.

The ONLY thing I did on Neopets was play Games...I did not even play for the NPs. I just played them to waste time. :D

Such a shame, too, because I have an older account and I could have taken part in several Plots/Wars. I missed out on prizes and avatars and themes due to my totally NOT paying attention to the site.

C'est la vie!

:P

was there?! Or..... maybe when they had first released the premium bar?

I really don't know, it really could be just my fevered imagination ><

It took me a long time to find out about help guides. When I did was when I started driving myself nuts with Neoquest!

I did that 1 stock purchase thing too xD I honestly never ventured further into the stock market thing, another thing that seemed too intimidating/too much to learn. <.< >.>

I often find I only ever want to play a game once, not 3 times, seems to depend hugely on how I'm feeling that day. So far the only one I consistently play 3 times is Spellseeker. I think that's because there's no timer on that, I don't do well with games with a time limit :*

I used to have a notebook where I hand-wrote all of the dailies, where they were located, how often I could go, what times they were active, etc.

I had no idea there were sites that had handy dailies pages and links.

Haha, I recognise a lot of the things mentioned on this board :).

I also used to only play the games and keep clear of things like FC en the stocks.

I really didn't understand a lot of the things around Neopets when I was younger...

I used to not realize that when you're on the "Quick Stock" page you can undo your selection if you make a mistake by double-clicking the button. If I accidentally clicked the wrong item I would use the "clear form" button and start over. It's not a huge deal, but when you want to deposit all your battledome items but keep your codestones in your inventory it's convenient to know.