Best way to Trade both pure and items for ONE item

Brover

I've always wondered what happens if I offered, or I got offered, more than 800k np (max of TP) and also overpay in items to trade for ONE item. How would you be able to pull that off successfully?

I'd be both worried as a buyer and a seller in that scenario.

To start, the pure limit on the TP was increased to 2 mil NP recently. So that makes it easier to buy and sell with just pure.

That said, it's basically up to the buyer and seller. Most people use current prices as an approximate marker for the price of things (this is why Baby PBs are used as trading tokens- they have a set price in the HT so people trade them freely with that price tag as the value. This is widespread enough that they know others will accept it as the same worth as well). In the end, the buyer just has to make an offer they think is worth the listed price, and the seller has to decide if they agree.

One of the lovely things about the TP is that sales there are TNT-protected. By that, I mean that someone cannot randomly decide that the offer they accepted isn't worth it any more and try and get you in trouble, or otherwise have any grounds for expecting a trade-back. If someone makes a legit mistake sometimes people feel nice and swap back, but that's not a requirement. But because TNT is paying attention to the trades, this means they're pretty good at catching people that are actually trying to scam people. But I doubt you'd try that from the get go. :)

So, in short (because I know I ramble): In this situation, it's up to both parties to decide if the offer being made is worth the item listed. If for some reason the seller changes their mind after hitting "accept", you will not get in trouble or be in any way required to trade back because they changed their mind.

I think that covers what you're asking about, but if it doesn't please feel free to point out what you're worried or confused about.

Yeah, if they've been actively scammed they can report the person to TNT. It's always a bit foggy as to if TNT will send items back after such a thing, but if you pay attention it shouldn't be an issue. If it's a big sale, always triple check what the items are and how much they're going for. If in doubt, the forums are always here full of people willing to help. :)