What colour is this dress?

deboratibi

48 members have voted

1. 1. What colour is this dress?

• Black and blue
    • White and gold
    • Other

tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_500.jpg

I don't know how many of you have seen this photo and the chaos it's causing on the internet (lol), but I was wondering how many of you see which colour. The real answer is already known, but apparently this specific photo causes some sort of optical illusion. So, what colour do you see?

Sorry, now I included a new option, "other"!

When I first saw the photo, I could only see black and blue, and I couldn't understand how people were seeing white and gold! I thought it was a well-orchestrated prank. But then I decided to invert the colours in MS Paint, and proceeded to look back at the original photo, and after that I could see the white and gold! Now, sometimes I'll see blue and black, sometimes I'll see white and gold.

The dress is actually black and blue, but for some reason (probably the lighting/photo quality), people are seeing it as white and gold. And people are actually fighting over this, lol.

When I first saw this on twitter, I saw white and gold, but all of a sudden I see blue and black! Crazy!

I encourage anyone who sees white and gold to open the picture in a program with a color picker tool. I wish I had thought of that earlier!

Wired put out a really good article about the science behind it.

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

I still see more white than blue on their darkened image, and the color picking doesn't say much because of shadows. But really it's a dumb thing to argue about and I'm not surprised Tumblr is the source of the argument.

I can see how someone could it as white and gold (that's what I saw), or possibly blue and gold... but I fail to see any black in there whatsoever. Even in the darkened image in the article.

Wow tbh I don't understand what is the big controversy with this photo. It's literally in my face everywhere on fb. Sure it's pretty neat how you can manipulate colours with Photoshop but this isn't really new...not exactly cutting edge technology. Someone care to enlighten me what this is about?

I would say it's white and gold. Is this sort of like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"?

Oh no...I was hoping that this silly dress thing wouldn't make it onto TDNF!

P.S. I read in an article on FB that certain eyes will see this as white n gold but it's actually a blue and black dress as seen in a different photo.

Really? I heard that it was originally a white and gold dress. :weird:

Honestly, I wish people wouldn't make such a big deal out of the argument. It's a very interesting experiment, but it's irritating that people keep thinking that others cannot see things differently from the way they see it. They're making it such a big deal at my school, and I'm just getting tired of the "You're wrong, I'm right" things going on. :/

This whole thing does bad things to my mind but the official answer is that it is black and blue and it is simply a trick of the light for people to see white and gold.

I see white and gold. This has been on Facebook and everyone is going crazy, haha! (: :)

hGrumpy-cat-meme.jpg