A long life prosperously lived...

Songbirdsara

Oh nooooo! I just saw Takei post the news on Facebook, I've been busy prepping for the ice over where I am so I didn't see anything else till that. It's very sad. :(

I found out an hour ago, someone posted in Facebook. 83 isn't a bad lifetime span, still I'm sad :(

"To this day, I sense Vulcan speech patterns, Vulcan social attitudes and even Vulcan patterns of logic and emotional suppression in my behavior,” Mr. Nimoy wrote years after the original series ended.
But that wasn’t such a bad thing, he discovered. “Given the choice,” he wrote, “if I had to be someone else, I would be Spock."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/television/leonard-nimoy-spock-of-star-trek-dies-at-83.html?_r=1

I cried when I found out. I remember sitting on my dad's lap watching Star Trek. I guess that shows you how old I am, and I really am a life-long Trekkie.

I have a large plush Spock that I set with my pillows on my bed. When I woke up this morning, I was sleeping on him and I thought "I wonder how he's doing?" Since he had been in the hospital a few days before. I went to class, came back, opened up facebook and there it was...

A legend will be missed. An all around good guy who was more than just Mr. Spock.

Parks and Rec is over forever and now Leonard Nimoy is gone. This has been a rough week.

I went to sleep yesterday with this foreboding feeling and here we are.

He will be missed, I'm still unsure how to process this. But don't let anyone tell you you can't mourn someone like Nimoy.

He will be missed. It's very sad. May his memory be a blessing! Baruch Hashem!

Oh gosh, this is so, so heartbreaking. He was such an incredible man - I remember reading once that when he found out that Nichelle wasn't getting paid as much as the rest of the Trek cast, he personally advocated for her until they raised her pay. Just one example out of countless great stories about him, of course. What an absolutely fantastic person. LLAP, Mr. Nimoy.