TDMBGPOP cured my pet: Timely fluke, or normal?

jellysundae

The WoE gave me pet chickaroo today, yay me...so I was doing other dailies in the hope of gaining enough onhand funds for the herbal scrambled eggs. Instead of giving me anything the grundo said visiting the plushie makes everyone feel better, my pet seemed better already, and so he was!

Is this something that regularly happens if your pet's sick when it visits the grundo, or was it just happy happenstance?

Just happy happenstance, I don't think the state of your pets affects any of the rewards you get from dailies. When my pet gets sick (which is often... the Expellibox seems to hate me), I just spam-visit the Healing Faerie every half an hour until she stops giving me her useless snowballs and cures my pet.

Grats on having your pet healed so painlessly... it can be a real nuisance. xD

Oh, well that's both cool; that quick and easy healing, and sad; can't make use of this in future, oh well! Feels good when these things do happen of they're just an off-chance thing though :D

I wasn't sure if the healing springs worked for sicknesses too, I kind of thought they might be just for HP, so it's good to know if she can help with that too =3

Oh, well that's both cool; that quick and easy healing, and sad; can't make use of this in future, oh well! Feels good when these things do happen of they're just an off-chance thing though :D

I wasn't sure if the healing springs worked for sicknesses too, I kind of thought they might be just for HP, so it's good to know if she can help with that too =3

Healings springs can raise your pets HP, stop them from being hungry, and also cure diseases. If she sais: all your pets/your active pet are/is completely healed, diseases are gone as well :D

Indeed. To be more specific, "<Your pet> is fully healed" and "All your Neopets have their health completely restored!!!" are the two messages that not only heal HP but cure diseases (of your active/all of your pets, respectively). ^_^

You also have a chance, albeit slim, but possible, of getting healed by the Wheel of Excitement or the Wheel of Knowledge or Coltzan's Shrine. My pet usually gets sick by Apple Bobbing. So, I try the Healing Springs, then the Wheel of Excitement and the Wheel of Knowledge, if I haven't already done those dailies, and Coltzan's Shrine, depending on the time. If none of those worked, and it has been some time, I try the Healing Springs, again. If I am impatient and cannot find Herbal Eggs cheaply (no pun intended), then I use the trick I learned here at TDN - feed my pet Poisonous Jelly, to get him sick with something else, which is usually the Sneezles. Medicinal Soap is a little easier for me to find and I try to keep one or two on-hand, just in case. I can get Poisonous Jelly from the free jelly daily. The TDMBGPOP has cured my pet from diseases before, not very often, but sometimes a nice coincidence when my pet is sick.