petpage help please

pang

I am totally new to the html thing, although I have some experience with other kind of coding.

The thing is I couldn't do some kind of very basic code, and it is driving me crazy. (I do not want to just copy people template, I want to work everything from scratch.)

The problem is

background color

So I try <body bgcolor="#FF0000">

and the color won't come. I tried #FF0000 "FF0000" FF0000 "red" and nothing work! When I click the view page, no color come. And when I click save, the code just disappear.

Same thing happen with <table bgcolor="#FF0000">

Table align

I tried to get my table to the middle of the page

The code is <table align="center"> Also not work and disappearing.

Although I can do the <p align="center">

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. All the guide I read say this is the correct way, but it just won't work.

Neopets can be a bit testy when it comes to code. FIrst off for your color issue you probably need to type background out so that it looks like this:

<body background-color="name">

and if that one doesn't work, try this one:

<body style="background-color:lightgrey">

I mostly use CSS to style things and position, rather then HTML for everything. It may be beneficial to you to take a look at W3schools. That might help solve your problem. Also there's not really much we can do without the complete UL code posted. When/if you post your code use the <> button in the text editor when making your post and paste the code that way.

Thank you. I will try that. To tell the truth, I don't really want to go into CSS now, since my HTML knowledge is not that solid. Guess I will look into it before doing anything else.

Edit : Nope. Not work. I will readup the CSS.