Random Neopoints?

teethers

Hey guys, wondering if this is happening to anyone else. I'll deposit all my neopoints before closing off Neopets (not logging off, just exiting out) into the bank, but anywhere from 8 to 24 hours later, when I go back to kill some time, play some games, whatever, I'm up anywhere from 600-800 neopoints. Not substantial I know, but it's definitely NP I didn't have before and have no idea where they came from. Is it a glitch, or is it possible for these to be random events? It happens at least once every day or two ... it complaining of course :p. Just curious!

We all had that happen numerous times when the lag was at its height, or to be plainer, when there was a specific problem with your onhand money total accurately tallying with what you'd actually earnt. I'd guess this is a similar kind of thing though, with scores from a particular game not showing up straight away? Or maybe a random event that gave you some NP that you didn't actually see?

Hmmm, I guess thay could be it, but its been several weeks of this now, almost daily like clockwork. Every bit of game/eyc. NP is accounted for by me, and I didn't think I'd been missing random events. Another point - its never random numbers, always a 00 number (600, 700, etc.). All things considered, not a bad possible glitch, I'm just concerned it'll get me frozenor something.

Hmmm, the fact that it's not random amounts makes it more likely to be something legit, I'd have thought, but who knows? Worth sending in a ticket about, at least. That is if that's been fixed yet :shiftyeyes_anim:

I'm fairly certain you're on trophy lists somewhere, given the amount of NP. Check the trophies on your look-up, and then see the lists for each of them; I bet you'll find the source of those nightly NP!

This is a ridiculous question, I'm sure ... but you get neopoints daily for being on a trophy list?!

Yes, until you fall out of the trophy spots. Which happens when someone beats your score, or on reset day (which is supposed to be the first of the month, but it didn't happen in February or March).

Man, I should really take the time to get a super-high Spinacles score; had I done it in January, I'd have raked in the NP for at least 3 months!

I didn't know this happened, so it's a really useful bit of info :D

Not that it's likely to ever benefit me, considering how much I suck at most of the games :laughingsmiley:

Ahhh this makes sense now! Don't worry jellysundae, I am quite possibly the worst at games, but you can't get any easier than Ugga Drop and Hannah the Kreludor Caves .... mystery (apparently) solved! Thanks for the help guys!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.