Thread full of Happy!

jellysundae

I can't stop listening to these songs! They're so nice, they puts a big smile on my face, so I'm sharing them in the hope they do the same for you guys =3

They're both from the Studio Ghibli film From up on Poppy Hill, which I absolutely adore

Breakfast song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haKZucHQGIw

Bicycle song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RMe7EEuFCI

I came to Studio Ghibli really late, I watched Totoro for the first time just last year :* But he totally captured my heart (my display pic is avatar art drawn for me on the site I work on, I'll share a big version if anyone's interested in seeing it). I've still only seen 4 of the films, the other 2 being Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Many to watch yet! I just keep watching the same ones over again instead if trying a new one xD

Anyway! Share some more happies, you guys!

Watch it again! :O I can't decide what one to watch next <.< >.> Depends on if the ones I find online actually play/if I can hear them, really >< Kiss Anime seems to be a good site for them, but I find I have to turn my laptop volume right up to be able to hear the dialogue clearly, then I forget to turn it down again and give myself a heart attack the next time I switch it on. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Might as well share the 6th Station music as we're talking about Spirited Away! This always makes me feel like I might cry, it's so beautiful, and emotional.

Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite. I don't even know why. It's one of my favorite things to do to watch Howl's Moving Castle and spend the whole of it doing needlework.

Though to be fair, I haven't seen some (the more recent ones like Princess Kaguya which looks absolutely gorgeous, and the one about designing planes in WWII or something which I'm not that interested in).

Mononoke Hime and Arietty are a couple of my favorite Miyazaki films, however, I think Spirited Away still holds the #1 spot from his work.

My husband is a lifelong lover of Studio Ghibli films and has been showing them to me. They're incredible! I just saw The Tale of the Princess Kaguya and loved it! So beautifully done. Howl's Moving Castle and The Spirit of Arrietty are my current favorites. There are still quite a few I haven't seen - Princess Mononoke is next on the list. :)

Miyazaki's just an amazing man, isn't he? There's a lot of bad in the world, but when there's people like him too it's proof that humanity's not gone totally down the pan. What an amazing position to be in, too, just imagine it yourself...

You're an animator, there's a book that you read and really enjoyed, so you decide to animate it! I mean, just wow! He's done that with at least 3 of his films, hasn't he (Howl, Poppy Hill and Arrietty).Think of a book that you've read that you loved because it filled you with happiness, then imagine a beautiful Studio Ghibli film made of it, with an undoubtedly lovely soundtrack too...to have the skills and resources to do that would be unbelievable <3

Part of me wishes Terry Pratchett and Miyazaki had got together, but the storytelling styles really don't gel so that's silliness on my part.

I can't stop listening to these songs! They're so nice, they puts a big smile on my face, so I'm sharing them in the hope they do the same for you guys =3

They're both from the Studio Ghibli film From up on Poppy Hill, which I absolutely adore

Breakfast song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haKZucHQGIw

Bicycle song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RMe7EEuFCI

I came to Studio Ghibli really late, I watched Totoro for the first time just last year :* But he totally captured my heart (my display pic is avatar art drawn for me on the site I work on, I'll share a big version if anyone's interested in seeing it). I've still only seen 4 of the films, the other 2 being Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Many to watch yet! I just keep watching the same ones over again instead if trying a new one xD

Anyway! Share some more happies, you guys!

I don't watch anime, but these songs you posted are indeed beautiful! I really enjoyed listening to them. :thumbsup:

for some reason, the Breakfast song won't play :ohno:

The Bicycle song is very happy and fun, and made me smile.

I'm listening to Spirited Away right this second, and it is very emotional and very lovely to listen to.

I am a fan of many different types of music (especially classical music-I'm a dork)...

Thanks again for sharing!! :wub_anim:

Hey, you're welcome! Anime's not my thing either, but Studio Ghibli stuff's pretty special, I'm really glad that I gave it a chance. :yes: I found the breakfast song won't play on here, yeah. Playback on other sites disabled by the video owner it says, boo, but if you click on it it opens a tab for youtube and plays ok there. I'll try a different one though <.< >.>

The bicycle song's an old Japanese song it seems, maybe one from the era that Poppy Hill's set in, which is 1963. Really nice that it got used then, I think :D

Thank you, Jellysundae! Wow, what a happy song! I don't know if I'd like to listen to it during breakfast (I'm a night owl and hate mornings!).

This is a really cute song, very uplifting! I like the piano part-it reminds me of some ragtime music, you know?

I'm happy you shared this with me! You made my afternoon very happy and fun! :laughingsmiley: (: :yes: <---- me bobbing my head with the music <3

Haha, cool >< I think it's only called the breakfast song because the female lead's preparing breakfast while this is playing. It is happy and nice though, isn't it :D You'd be totally allowed to throw something at someone for being that cheerful at you in the morning though, if they're not your thing xD

• 8 months later...