What to do when there is no event?

xSummer

I love neonates but only when there is an event like gmc or a plot however I would like to get more involved again. I have many avatars but am not so great with games and hate playing them just to get an avatar so what are some things you do on the off time?

I agree it's pretty slow at times, but I enjoy the slow times as if they're preparing/training for the events. Here's what I do:

gain NP through games

hoard lots of NP

train my pet up a whole lot

battledome

stock market

guild friends

GALLERY

basically, there's a lot to do even when there are no big events going on.

There are always things to do when there isn't an event consider a few of the following:

Gallery

games

guilds

battledome

battledome training

stamps

collectible cards

restocking (although it may be hard with the lag)

kadatory

I personally have been trying to trade my UC pets and I play a game of pyramids/solitare at the same time.

I battle to the item limit every day, mainly for nerkmids and codestones. I help a few questers on the boards.

Until recently I was trying to find my magma pool time, so i'd play a game of cheat, pyramids or dice-a-roo (RIP, i played it for years trying to get the avi to no avail) a different hour every day. Now I have less to do on the site too, though I am slowly making progress of Neoquest.

When there's no event it's customary to complain about Neopets. And when there's an event, we complain about the event too.

Join a nice guild and complain about Neopets on the message boards.

Then complain about your ban.

No really. Though I don't like to admit it, this is it: this is my Neo-life.

For me, I do my dailies, play some games, spin some wheels, try to obtain more avatars, check on my shop's progress and update item prices based on the SW. Oh, and chat with my guild members for a bit if there're new replies. It's up to you to do what you like though. Hope you're able to continue finding stuff to do.

I spend a lot of my time in Neo playing NQ2. Guilds can be a good way to spend time - I'm looking for one I like right now :)

Personally, I have a bunch of goals that always keep me moving (even if I may slow down or get a little side tracked) - whether it's trying to complete my gallery, get more avatars, or paint my pets. I used to trade NC like it was my business, but I've gotten all my big wishes and am only passively looking for most of the things I want now.

I think soon I'll start working on coding my pet pages and making more Neo art :D

Honestly, I'm still having fun with Neopets. This may seem silly, but it's honestly helped me a lot. Especially being on TDNF. I moved across the country to a new state and I only get to see my family once every 6-8 months and it's been REALLY hard. Playing neopets and meeting new people on here has been an amazing distraction for me and it's also fun. Typically my day goes like this on Neopets; Do my dailies, feed my pets, train my pets, play games (for np and to earn avatars), organize and add items to my gallery, and search for good deals on Faerie items for my gallery.

It's a slow time right now, but that's good. I know the lag is annoying and makes a lot of people want to leave, but can you imagine what TNT is going through right now? Running a website is hard enough as it is without needing to deal with thousands of users and a TON of glitches. I'm sure they're trying. I think a slow time is good for them and us as they'll have time to figure out this lag once and for all :D