Am I the only one who is worried about tomorrow?

kandygrrl

Ever since I joined Neopets last year, I encountered the April Fools' Day prank, now, for most of the users on the site, it's no big deal, but looking back at some of the pranks, I don't think some were so funny or light hearted

When I encountered the Neotax page which was still active it made me anxious because it was asking 100,000 np, and when I read about the Pants Devil stealing everything from users and the mysterious illness prank I started to dread this year.

I'm scared they might take away items, make all the pets invisible, have the site down for the whole day (which would stink because it'll be my usul's birthday tomorrow), taking away all the NC or making the items in the NC Mall 10,000 NC each, or something worse.

I know it should be all in good fun, but I'm worried that it'll be something that will be scary to wake up to and deal with as I try to do my dailies, stock my shop and celebrate my usul's birthday

Is anyone else here dreading becoming an April Fool of TNT tomorrow or am I the only one and just need to suck it up and say "it is what it is?"

Just asking opinion.

Sorry I kind of ranted.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

April Fool's is done for this year.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.

I doubt we'll even have an April Fools' prank this year, what with not having the original TNT and all. Will the new group even know there's a tradition of playing pranks on users?

Anyway, I don't understand your worries. If you wake up tomorrow and find something very weird, you should know it's most likely a prank. Most of the users actually look forward to this day, in order to see what creative trick TNT will be playing on us.

I just am afraid the prank will be something that might stress me out. When on Neopets I am a creature of habit, I just hope that if there is a prank that it'll be something small and won't involve being without items, neopoints, neocash, or a cure for a random disease. I don't like not being able to handle a situation where I usually have control, my children... I mean neopets are hungry, I feed them. I go to the NC Mall and buy stuff for my neopets, I sell my things, do my dailies and try not to let my neopets get ailments and try to get off before King Skarrl Marrow Taxes me.

And last year to me it was no big deal and I gladly fed all the foster pets like they were my own neopets, but after seeing some more "sinister" pranks that TNT has done I know I panic over things like being without something necessary. It's just more of me being... a stick in the mud I guess

I highly doubt they'll do anything permanent, they never have. It's just an amped up version of the pant devil stealing your rod of supernova on the advent calendar.

I wouldn't get too stressed out, the prank will probably be pretty minor. Tho if it will help you, you can always check in on us here to see what the prank is before you go on the site. That way you aren't totally unprepared if there's a prank at all.

I actually was wondering about this myself. I'm not too worried about it, but curious if they're going to try to do something at all.

The only thing I would really be worried about is if they mess with codes to try and prank us and end up making things on neopets worse than they are; making the lag worse, the glitches worse, etc,

What would be awesome is if they announced tomorrow; This whole lag thing was a HUGE prank just for today, it's back to normal!

I want my neopets back to the way it was!

In my opinion this year's April fools joke is spot on. I think it's funny as neopet users are so frustrated with jumpstart. Many daily lament and moan the end of the site. This fools is blue, red and mildly annoying. Just what an April Fool's joke should be.

Well... the non-owner humans have invaded Neopia..

I am going to do my dailies and going back to bed

Everyone enjoy planet Jumpstart with the vikings and the Non-pets, I'm getting sleep. Ok, this year is kinda funny, confusing a little but funny so far

... except now I can't read because the blue and red is difficult to read =/ well, I tried

-update-

the Jumpstart characters are there too!!!! Nostalgia! As a kid I had Jumpstart 2nd Grade... I hope I see Edison the Firefly while peeking around Neopia.

This year isn't something sinister I think.... well, so far, we still have the whole day

Well... the non-owner humans have invaded Neopia..

I am going to do my dailies and going back to bed

Everyone enjoy planet Jumpstart with the vikings and the Non-pets, I'm getting sleep. Ok, this year is kinda funny, confusing a little but funny so far

... except now I can't read because the blue and red is difficult to read =/ well, I tried

-update-

the Jumpstart characters are there too!!!! Nostalgia! As a kid I had Jumpstart 2nd Grade... I hope I see Edison the Firefly while peeking around Neopia.

This year isn't something sinister I think.... well, so far, we still have the whole day

See! You can have fun with April Fools instead of worrying! :)

To me, it's just a game. Something to pass my time when I've got nothing to do. Yes, I've put tons of hours into neopets, but I would never, could never stress me out. In the grand scheme of my life, neopets ranks pretty low. Don't get me wrong, I love to play, but it's only for entertainment, and entertainment is fun.

I'm glad it's over... it wasn't as bad as predicted, but I just am happy to have Neopets back to normal for another 365 days (next year is a leap year) =3 time to wait for the cybunny festival so my cybunny can get her cupcake

• 2 weeks later...