I miss Keyquest...

lovedwallflower

• 8 months later...

Keyquest was my absolute favourite part of Neopets, so when i came back and started a new account I was so sad when i realised it wasn't around anymore.

I missed the whole JS takeover so a lot of things were different by the time i started again haha

I played Neopets for years and years before I even knew what KQ was. Then, I started playing and LOVED it, but after a while I had to take a break from Neo and when I came back (just recently) I found out it was gone! Super disappointing. I hope it comes back (and soon!) but I guess it's been a year now, and still no updates? Doesn't look promising...

• 2 months later...

Keyquest was so much fun and it was a great way to make neopoints. I'm really hoping they bring it back soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa! That is pretty promising, isn't it?

Hasn't the Summer shop always had those items there? JN says those were released over 4 years ago.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm gonna say this, I know I do miss Key Quest, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna give up on TNT/JS. They have things to do besides fixing KQ, and from what I am seeing on the Key Quest board on Neopets, they seem to want to put KQ first and make them repair it on a site that is still glitchy and still needs fixing after the transition to the new server. I'm not directing this at you guys, as I know you understand that JS/TNT has priorities to do before fixing KQ, but the users on Neopets are shaming TNT/JS just cuz they apparently "are bad at running Neopets" and that they "can't fix Key Quest". I'm starting to feel like the users don't even care about what TNT has done for us. They're only in it for Key Quest and that's it. It's ridiculous, and I feel bad for the staff. I mean sure, the lay off thing was a bit much, but I feel like JS will help us get out of the pit. Why can't they just give them a chance...?

same here... I miss Keyquest, Almost Abandoned Attic, Habitarium (loads of neopoints without much effort if you had level 50), and the Random Contest the most...
Why these features are taken down, I have no clue... Random Contests were so much fun to participate in, and I miss all those great entries.... what happened after Jumpstart took it over? :( If they don't have some rights, they should create something different or similar, to make the site more exciting, because now it's the same and the same stuff over and over, it keeps getting less entertaining... no plots, no new games, no new events, no contests, no new features... meh :(

same here... I miss Keyquest, Almost Abandoned Attic, Habitarium (loads of neopoints without much effort if you had level 50), and the Random Contest the most...

Why these features are taken down, I have no clue... Random Contests were so much fun to participate in, and I miss all those great entries.... what happened after Jumpstart took it over? :( If they don't have some rights, they should create something different or similar, to make the site more exciting, because now it's the same and the same stuff over and over, it keeps getting less entertaining... no plots, no new games, no new events, no contests, no new features... meh :(

I agree with you jagocianka -no new anything can't be good for business but I think NeoStep makes a valid point that we should be patient bc there may be legal things besides the glitchy things to work out for JS. I just think it's rather cruel to keep showing Key Quest items for sale at the NC Mall (I usually avoid going to the NC Mall-only for the Freebies, such a nOOb) or when I am looking up pet items.  :shiftyeyes_anim: But I hope patience pays off, bc 2 years is a long time and an Elephant mom would agree bc she carries her babies for 2 years before giving birth and THAT'S a long wait! :woot:

I agree with you jagocianka -no new anything can't be good for business but I think NeoStep makes a valid point that we should be patient bc there may be legal things besides the glitchy things to work out for JS. I just think it's rather cruel to keep showing Key Quest items for sale at the NC Mall (I usually avoid going to the NC Mall-only for the Freebies, such a nOOb) or when I am looking up pet items.  :shiftyeyes_anim: But I hope patience pays off, bc 2 years is a long time and an Elephant mom would agree bc she carries her babies for 2 years before giving birth and THAT'S a long wait! :woot:

this is the case: I acknowledge it myself that there can still be some legal issues unsolved, but 2 years is long enough to solve parts of it, OR create something new by yourself.... Can't they create a new plot, with completely new character? Cannot they think of some new game? Or create another platform, something different than KQ but working similarly? There are the same things on and on, nothing new to get hyped or devoted to... Altador Cup gets more boring each year....

I still remember AC which contained personal challenges like each player had to score 50 goals, or goalie shall defend 50 goals, or in general you had to reach 200 goals, etc.... that was interesting... now it's plain dull to me... same with e.g. Negg Hunt... some easy-peasy questions and hints, no games, no plot twists... no searching from one place to another, just straightforwardly obvious places, with no further paths... this gets less and less entertaining :(

• 10 months later...

I just came back to neo after a 2 or 3 year hiatus, and I was so disappointed to find it down :(  I used to love playing it. 

PS. Just curious, what forms of income do premium members have that non-premium members do not? 

On 4/12/2015 at 7:31 AM, lovedwallflower said:

Without premium, it was definitley my main source of income.

• 6 months later...
On 6/8/2017 at 12:21 AM, iwearhats said:

I just came back to neo after a 2 or 3 year hiatus, and I was so disappointed to find it down :(  I used to love playing it. 

PS. Just curious, what forms of income do premium members have that non-premium members do not? 

Premium members get monthly NP gifts sometimes rather than non-premium. Key Quest was an NP bank within it for non-premium members.