"Spooky" stuff happened to me while playing the Darkest Faerie

kandygrrl

So I was playing Neopets: the Darkest Faerie on my PS2 (currently in a save file I'm in chapter 3 which is my favourite AND trying to make 1 million np just because it's fun) and I saw like a speck on the screen, I don't pause the game, I just go up and go try to rub it off the screen.
The speck was a few inches below Tormund's feet on the screen, and I kid you not, while in his "idle standing mode" he turned around and glared at me while I was trying to clean the speck...

I was horribly afraid and backed off. He turned back around and then I proceeded to clean up the speck and then ran to my computer to tell you people

Do you ever feel as if your Neopets or Neopets in general are "watching you"?

That is super spooky! I've had many a dream about Neopets but nothing as interesting as being watched! Very intriguing indeed!

I couldn't keep playing, I was actually scared.

But maybe I should check again to see if this is normal for them to do, or if my PS2 is possessed

I loved that game until I got to one part where I had to do something and it kept glitching at the same point no matter how I tried to go around it or avoid it it was the only way to get to the next area...i couldnt even finish the game because it would just get stuck or freeze :( i wish they would make another!!! if not for playstation then for ds or something. i dunno.

wow..what an experience. Must have scared the heck outta you

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not swear. The offending word has been edited.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

LOL It's been AGES but that's the first PS2 game I beat. The final chapter is really tricky, there's a darkish room with invisible walls, it's a maze.. and it takes a lot of experimenting to get through it. Probably the toughest part in the game, outside of some of the boss battles. ;)

That being said, it's a decent game, though a bit off-balance as far as fighting the minions while traversing the maps. AND there are a NUMBER of glitches that can happen that require you to reset the console, so SAVE FREQUENTLY!

That being said, I wouldn't mind another Neopets game for some incarnation of a playstation console. The faerie graphics could be better. lol The neopets 3D CGI art was decent, the faeries? Meh, could've been better, and a bit more accurate to the 2D drawings of them on the site. lol

wow..what an experience. Must have scared the heck outta you

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not swear. The offending word has been edited.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It was scary, I had to stop playing, and even after I felt like "Whoa... am I paranoid that a coincidence happened or am I worried something more evil is afoot?" and then I decided that when I'd play it again to study their movements, I mean if I AM gonna be Roberta for a comic book-convention/anime convention then I better learn how to move like her.

LOL It's been AGES but that's the first PS2 game I beat. The final chapter is really tricky, there's a darkish room with invisible walls, it's a maze.. and it takes a lot of experimenting to get through it. Probably the toughest part in the game, outside of some of the boss battles. ;)

That being said, it's a decent game, though a bit off-balance as far as fighting the minions while traversing the maps. AND there are a NUMBER of glitches that can happen that require you to reset the console, so SAVE FREQUENTLY!

That being said, I wouldn't mind another Neopets game for some incarnation of a playstation console. The faerie graphics could be better. lol The neopets 3D CGI art was decent, the faeries? Meh, could've been better, and a bit more accurate to the 2D drawings of them on the site. lol

Funny thing is I can't beat it, once you get past the seemingly impossible Meridel part in chapter 3, then you have to do the Altador stuff, and first I couldn't get the morthogs on the pressure plate, then after I... ummm quit with anger.. I went back and I tried to do the thief's temple... I got stuck and gave up, then I worked on the save file to only be for fun where I could permanently be in my favourite part of the game. And because of that, it lead up to Tormund glaring at me

Also, I couldn't agree more, Illusen's hair isn't THAT much green, and Roberta's kind of silly smile, but I do like it. the cutscenes remind me abit of stop motion animation, I find it endearing and it'd be a nice surprise to have Jumpstart make some Neopets merch

The glare thing is actually something that Tormund does if idle for awhile. I found it funny when it first happened because him and Roberta seem so happy-go-lucky and then when he was sitting idle one time he twisted the top part of his body around and his eyebrows were furrowed in a glare. It made me laugh actually.

I promise this is normal! lol

How is that game anyway? I heard about it but was skeptical that it would be any good. Is it worth getting?

It's a fun game, difficult at times, but it definitely gave me some idea of how Neopets used to be.

The glare thing is actually something that Tormund does if idle for awhile. I found it funny when it first happened because him and Roberta seem so happy-go-lucky and then when he was sitting idle one time he twisted the top part of his body around and his eyebrows were furrowed in a glare. It made me laugh actually.

I promise this is normal! lol

I actually went back and studied their movements before I saw this comment, and I laughed when Roberta turned, smiled, waved then got all grumpy and turned away, it's like TNT was like "NO! You're not allowed to look at the players" and Roberta was like "FINE! But they seem like nice people!"

and Tormund is like "HEY! The Darkest Faerie isn't gonna stop herself!"

So, it's a nice touch... too bad it scared me though *laughs*

How is that game anyway? I heard about it but was skeptical that it would be any good. Is it worth getting?

I honestly love it! I went back and started playing it again a few months ago (I plan on finishing it when I have some freetime again)

But it very nostalgic for me, it reminds me a lot of the older Neopia, with Fearieland being in the sky and having plots on neopets all the time, it's great. I would definitely recommend it!

The graphics are VERY old compared to most games now a days, but honestly that's what I love about it.

You can get the game now at some retro video game store for about $10, I had to buy a new copy because mine got damaged when I moved, but $10 is still pretty cheap for such a great game! So I would go buy it if I were you!

I honestly love it! I went back and started playing it again a few months ago (I plan on finishing it when I have some freetime again)

But it very nostalgic for me, it reminds me a lot of the older Neopia, with Fearieland being in the sky and having plots on neopets all the time, it's great. I would definitely recommend it!

The graphics are VERY old compared to most games now a days, but honestly that's what I love about it.

You can get the game now at some retro video game store for about $10, I had to buy a new copy because mine got damaged when I moved, but $10 is still pretty cheap for such a great game! So I would go buy it if I were you!

Cool, I got my copy for 10 dollars at a Comic Book Convention, I saw it for sale and I was like "I MUST have this game!" And I bought it. It's the only Neopets merch I have except for that one blue Bruce I got from McDonalds a long time ago, and some how I just thought I wouldn't enjoy Neopets back then XD man was I wrong to think that.

It just took until I was 19 to get into it