Attack of the Slorgs

twilight790

Yesterday, I tried Attack of the Slorgs and got to the avatar requirement, but when I tried to send my score it said "download the soundtrack" and then I lost my score. Does anyone know how to fix this? :(

There are some links here, on TDN, for getting "Gourmet Club Bowls" to play, while having "Hannah and the Pirate Caves" running. I'll have to find them and post. It may work for "Attack of the Slorgs", too. Unfortunately, "Gourmet Club Bowls", "Hannah and the Pirate Caves", and "Attack of the Slorgs" all use Adobe "Shockwave", and not Flash. Awhile back, someone posted the same problem. I had a computer that didn't have Shockwave installed, so I installed it. It opened and let me play "Attack of the Slorgs" and it even let me post my first score. However, it did exactly as you said, when I tried to play again and post my score. Uninstalling Shockwave, rebooting, and reinstalling Shockwave did not work. I haven't tried it in awhile, but I will try it on a computer I had to reinstall Windows on. Shockwave is "old" technology and funny enough, Flash was supposed to replace it. However, it seems Adobe still makes updates for, and supports Shockwave. I believe there have been many Shockwave updates since the mentioned games were first made, and the games have not been checked for compatibility by TNT. Sometimes, updates either delete or modify how code is implemented. If a code has been deleted or the syntax has to be changed, but the game hasn't been "recoded", it could cause the game to not work correctly. That is what I beleive is happening. I'll have to try the "Hannah and the Pirate Caves" trick with "Attack of the Slorgs" and post the results. When I find the links for the "trick", I'll post. Unfortunately, there is nothing else I know of. Hopefully another TDN'er may have some more info.

Try the suggested method on this post and see if that helps you. Shockwave is glitchy and unreliable. You could also try a different browser and see if that helps. Hopefully after some frustration and multiple tries you can get the avatar score to send properly. :)

Update: For some reason, I kept getting "DGS - "Couldn't load game!" error messages when using Firefox. I have the latest, 37.0.2. I also had an update to Shockwave, which I did. Still the same error messages with Firefox, even after the update. However, I did have luck with Internet Explorer 11. I know some people are very particular when it comes to their web browser of choice and do not like IE, but it may still be an option to get the avatar. It was still buggy/unreliable, but I was able to post the daily limit of 3 scores. Not sure if it made any difference, but I did add "neopets.com" (without the quotes), to IE 11's "Compatibility View Settings". I did run HaTPC first, well sort of. HaTPC loaded. I clicked on "Play", and it said "Press Jump To Start", but when I hit the space bar, nothing happened, meaning the game would not start. Periodically, Shockwave would crash and I let reload HaTPC. Later, I just went and loaded "Attack of the Slorgs" and it still let me post two scores - without HaTPC running. I don't have a Mac, so I cannot try Safari. I will try again, on another PC, or after clearing the browser history and cache on the one that "worked" and post those results. I will try it with Firefox again, too. Curious to hearif IE 11 works for anyone else, if they are willing to use/try.

Update: 24 Apr 15: Neopets (neopets.com) must be added to IE 11's "Compatibility View Settings for "Attack of the Slorgs" to load. If not, a message will be displayed, stating you do not have Shockwave installed and a link to download/install it. It does work, but I did experience the game "freezing. Had to close and restart. Unfortunately, HaTPC and Gourmet Club Bowls would still not work.