A Question on Old Posts

Guest Tahalika

Guest Tahalika

I had a quick question I wanted to ask, since I'm unsure what to do. This mostly applies to the general chat/debate portion of the thread.

If you see a post on a topic you wish to talk about, but it hasn't been updated in a while, should you make a new post or answer in the original thread? Unless it's like pages buried, I don't assume people would go digging trying to see if the topic they want to discuss was discussed in the past, more so I'm meaning if the topic you wish to talk about is still on the first page; just unreplied for several months.

Since this isn't the most active forum, I wanted to ask what was this forum's way of handling "Necro-Posts," as they call them.

If the thread you want to reply to is still within the first couple of pages, you're most likely okay to do so. Generally we go by how relevant the topic is to current events, and I believe most threads on those pages fit the criteria.

You can reply to something that hasn't had a post in a few months, but a year or so afterwards is starting to push the limit.

If you're still unsure if whether or not you should post in an inactive thread, feel free to PM a mod and we'll be happy to help. :)

Huh, this is something I haven't even considered; how old a post is. I get bored and suffer from insomnia, so I start trolling around things and throw my .02 in without even noticing how old something is. Maybe I should be more cognizant in the future.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.