I'm really stressed out

frozenpancakes

It seems like I have so much going on right now.

I have to finish my work for school in less than a month (I'm online schooled) and I don't know if I can do that. If I don't, well I don't really know what happens. I guess I have to find time in the summer.

But I don't really have time in the summer unless I cancel camps that I've been going to for years.

On top of this, my parents told me they weren't signing me up for clay camp until I get my work done for the rest of the year, which basically means I can't go, because you have to sign up early to get a spot. Which really sucks, because this is the last year I'm eligible to go.

And if I don't get my work done in time for summer I'm not allowed to visit my boyfriend that I haven't seen in a year. If I don't go this summer then it'll probably be another year until I can see him.

I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed.

I hate to say it but I think your parents have a point, as much as you may not like it if you can't get all your school work done then you won't be able to do the things you had planned in the summer. They're looking out for your best interests which is your education. I know it's stressful at the end of the year especially when you're home schooled. Getting motivated gets harder the more time you spend on a course. I have fallen victim to this several times. When I took my final English course I didn't have enough time to finish the last two modules and basically got 11% on one and an incomplete on the other. I was in the process of moving and getting another harder course finished and I failed at time management. I ended up just barely passing the course because of it and had to carry my biology course through the summer as I didn't finish it.

A couple years ago I was enrolled in a math course and at the end of the course I literally had a month left and still 4 modules left to do and had to renew my registration. Again I had a year to complete it and I barely made it to the finish at the end of the second year, but I did. If you set your mind to it and focus as much as you can then you can get it done. Try to minimize your distractions as much as possible. I found if I was getting distracted on the computer I'd print my coursework off and go study in a quiet room and got a fair bit accomplished that way. That might be an option for you.

Try your best to get as much done as you can. If you're parents see that you put in a good strong effort I'm sure they'll be pleased. :)

Sounds rough. :C I have an anxiety disorder and I can relate to your problem really well. I suggest you just do your best and everything will turn out alright in the end. (It would also help if you started the work instead of complaining on TDN :)) What usually helps me is to just take a nice, long, warm bath with some essential lavender oil. I hope you feel better! :3

I hate to say it but I think your parents have a point, as much as you may not like it if you can't get all your school work done then you won't be able to do the things you had planned in the summer. They're looking out for your best interests which is your education. I know it's stressful at the end of the year especially when you're home schooled. Getting motivated gets harder the more time you spend on a course. I have fallen victim to this several times. When I took my final English course I didn't have enough time to finish the last two modules and basically got 11% on one and an incomplete on the other. I was in the process of moving and getting another harder course finished and I failed at time management. I ended up just barely passing the course because of it and had to carry my biology course through the summer as I didn't finish it.

A couple years ago I was enrolled in a math course and at the end of the course I literally had a month left and still 4 modules left to do and had to renew my registration. Again I had a year to complete it and I barely made it to the finish at the end of the second year, but I did. If you set your mind to it and focus as much as you can then you can get it done. Try to minimize your distractions as much as possible. I found if I was getting distracted on the computer I'd print my coursework off and go study in a quiet room and got a fair bit accomplished that way. That might be an option for you.

Try your best to get as much done as you can. If you're parents see that you put in a good strong effort I'm sure they'll be pleased. :)

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand what they're trying to do. Even I know that I need a good motivator. The problem I'm having is that this is going to lead to me not being able to go even if I do get done when I'm supposed to. There's no way that I could have gotten done in time for camp registration even under the best of circumstances. I understand the one about my boyfriend, but I think not letting me register for camp until I've graduated the 11th grade is unfair because it results in me being punished regardless of what I do.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand what they're trying to do. Even I know that I need a good motivator. The problem I'm having is that this is going to lead to me not being able to go even if I do get done when I'm supposed to. There's no way that I could have gotten done in time for camp registration even under the best of circumstances. I understand the one about my boyfriend, but I think not letting me register for camp until I've graduated the 11th grade is unfair because it results in me being punished regardless of what I do.

Is it possible that they can register you for camp and if you end up not following through on your end you don't get to go? Maybe work out a compromise with your parents and see what they'll do. If you have to register early and this is your last year being able to go I'd see about a compromise. I hope you can figure something out with your parents and get your school work done. You can tell them exactly what you wrote above that I highlighted in blue. That might help negotiate your case. :)

Is it possible that they can register you for camp and if you end up not following through on your end you don't get to go? Maybe work out a compromise with your parents and see what they'll do. If you have to register early and this is your last year being able to go I'd see about a compromise. I hope you can figure something out with your parents and get your school work done. You can tell them exactly what you wrote above that I highlighted in blue. That might help negotiate your case. :)

Thanks. I talked to her and she said that she would see if she could get the camp people to save me a spot without registering. I don't think they normally do that kind of thing but maybe since they know us... Here's hoping.