What do you do on your pet's birthday?

I'm not sure where I should've posted this, but since I couldn't find anything else that fits the topic, I posted in General. I'm sorry if I got it wrong!

To start, all of my pet's birthdays are in May-July, and I missed the first of them, which was my Zafara's on May 29th since I wasn't really active. Sorry, Honeyberries :'( As an apology gift of sorts, I bought her the dress that's part of her final customization, although she's wearing (cheap) Altador-themed clothing right now.

Anyway, I was just wondering, how do you celebrate a Neopet's birthday? What do you guys plan on doing when it's your pet's special day? Expensive clothing? Paintbrushes? Giving them food? Playing their favorite games? What's your plan?

I get them new np wearables, feed them cake for breakfast (usually a space faerie cake), buy them new toys, collect the cupcake available on their birthday, get them an NC item that suits them, and take them to Roo Island Carousel for a ride. Pretty much what I know kids would like.

I guess I'm a terrible person because I never do anything for pet birthdays. It might be because I always become inactive on the site at the time of a pet birthday.