SITE MAINTENANCE: Neopets to have sporadic downtime for 48 hours

hrtbrk

Neopets is going to be down sporadically over the next 48 hours, starting tomorrow at 8 AM NST.

SITE MAINTENANCE: Neopets.com will be experiencing sporadic periods of downtime for 48 hours, starting on Wednesday, June 3rd 2015 at 8AM NST. As we continue with general server maintenance, you may experience unpredictable service interruptions. We apologize for the inconvenience and invite all of you to stay connected with TNT during that time, here on Facebook or Twitter!

Before sending any scores check and see if the site is loading by loading a totally different page. If the page loads send your score, that way you're not wasting your time. :)

This is totally ridiculous.  They haven't had any site maintenance forever.  Now, during AC, they decide to do 2 days worth of site maintenance.  They do this all the time.  They do it during the end of the obelisk, during AC, during poogle day, which they never had like they said they would.  I am so tired of this.  This has been going on for almost a year now.  Thanks for listening to me vent.  :sick01:

I honestly yelled with outrage when I discovered this because it is bad enough when I press the wrong thing while playing Yooyu Ball and then I lose everything.

Why now though? Shouldn't Jumpstart just work during the night? Oh well... Hopefully none of my scores get rejected TT^TT

I'm sure they'd not be doing this during AC unless they had absolutely no choice. Because they'll be well aware that people will be reacting in a less than happy manner. Keep your chin up, guys

If anything, they COULD have pushed the AC back a month, or even a couple of weeks instead of doing it day 3 out of what is probably the biggest, and one of the most tedious, annual site event they do! Like it has already been said, they COULD have done it before the AC even started.

Oh well, not so great time-management, I suppose. -_-

HOPEFULLY The intermittent down-times won't interfere too badly with the YYBing, also, it WOULD be nice if whatever they are working on improved things. I guess if things get better after the 48 hour period, then it'll be worth some frustration with having to replay games and whatnot. It would be nice though, if TNT could whittle that down to CERTAIN blocks of time that the site will be offline. So we can play around those times.

The downtime won't be for 2 days straight, just sporadically over that time frame. Like hrtbrk said they could be optimizing AC things. I wouldn't worry too much about the interruptions. At least they're doing it now and not the last few days of the AC. They are being courteous by letting us know ahead of time what's taking place. I'm sure they don't want to take the site down anymore then we want to have our AC interrupted. It's just a case of unfortunate timing, as hrtbrk stated above. Chin up everyone! :D

Turns out it is their server provider and unavoidable.

I imagine they're wanting to string their provider up right about now then! Poor Jumpstaff, all the ire that's going to be aimed at them about this, when it's not even their fault.

Just so everyone is clear, that JumpStaff is not trying to sabatoge the AC by having downtime, here's what they posted in yesterday's news.

• SITE MAINTENANCE: Neopets.com will be experiencing sporadic periods of downtime during a 48 hour maintenance window, starting at 8AM NST on Wednesday, June 3rd 2015 with unpredictable service interruptions through the morning of June 5th.

Scheduled maintenance is being performed by our server provider, and is not exclusive to the Neopet's site. As things are, we are not able to postpone or reschedule the possibility of downtime in this 48 hour period of time. However, while we are offline, we invite all of our fans to stay up to date with the latest news from TNT by following us on Facebook or Twitter

So there's nothing they can do about the downtime. Their service provider just picked an inconvenient time to do some maintenance.

If you're worried about losing your game scores then refresh a different page in a different tab, if Neo loads then send  your score on through. Saves wasting your time and a high score if you get one and it doesn't go through because the site isn't responding. :)

Thanks for the heads up!

I was wondering why I couldn't access Neopets even when my other sites were working :P!

Darn..

Was there any warning earlier? I could've finished my "Things-to-do" list earlier if I knew -.-...

No, and on FB they just basically keep saying because they're not in charge of it, they can't give any specifics. It's been down for a solid two hours already. I could have had so many YYB games done by nowwwwww. And there were bonus points for my team on SS, so this is pretty frustrating. I know they say they can't help it, and I understand that, but I'm really hoping that they'll at least give us another day of play time because of this inconvenience.