Do you prefer manually training or faerie quest cookies?

Manual training meaning the academy/mystery island training school. I used to use that method but I would forget all the time to actually go and take my pet out of a class/put her in one, so I decided to switch to quest cookies and see how that works out for me. So what about you guys, which training method do you prefer? Also, how viable do you find negg/potions training to be?

I've only ever used to FQ cookies and don't really plan on using them too often as they cost real money and I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it's not something important lol. I train at Mystery Island and I visit every day when I do my dailies, so even if I get a course in a day it helps make progress. I also only pay for my courses from codestones I get in the battledome. I don't see the point in buying them when I can get them for free. Sometimes I have to wait a bit until I get the ones I need or until my stash has been built up a bit. But that method works well for me. :)

Make sure that since you're paying money for the cookies that you don't miss a day. :)

I use whatever training method I feel like. I DO use FQ cookies, but I also will do scratchcards and Kitchen Quests. At present I am working on my level at the Secret Ninja Training School, because the FQ quests I've had really jumped my Strength up, and I want my level to catch up, just in case. I also visit Coltzan's Shrine, usually I can get an intelligence boost there, actually got a stat boost, can't remember which stat, nor did I know how many points I got because I wasn't expecting a stat boost. I did get a 5 defense point stat boost from Coltzan MANY years ago, around the time my defense was hovering around the 85 boost level.

I bought a bunch of faerie quest fortune cookies when they were half off because I am trying to get the fountain faerie or the grey faerie to give me the fountain faerie power, so I'm using those for now, however I usually only train my pets on their birthday or through the dailies. This way is slow going, yes, but I am just not that big on training my pets. I have never used neggs or potions. 

I prefer the cookies just because I feel training with them is so much easier and quicker since you can gain multiple points in one quest and they last about 9 days I believe. But since they do cost money, I don't have that many. I've only every had like 6 or 7 and its all from neocash giveaways :)

Now that I have the lab ray I use that.  I am terrified of getting my level reduced to level 1, but I take my chances.  The problem with the lab ray is, it gives big HP increases, like 5 HPs, but takes away level quite often.  Very often I will get the 5 HP increase or lose two levels.  So my level is quite low compared with my HPs.  I am at level 122 and my HPs are 269.  I train the same way as Mouseykins.  I use FQ cookies that I buy with NC given during events and won from expellibox.  I have NEVER bought NC.  I also train with codestones from REs and the battledome.  If I put my pet in training and they ask for CS I don't have, I go battle and wait until I do get them.  I make sure I keep a stash of codestones, then train.

I think the point everyone is trying to make is that, there is no ONE way that is best.  A combination of training is ideal.  On pet days you can train at the pirate training academy.  On pet birthdays (if pet look up pages aren't down- like they were on MY pet's BDay :sad01_anim: ) you can get cupcakes for training.  There are plenty of opportunities to take advantage of for FREE training as well.  In my opinion, neggs/potions are very expensive.

Personally I think FQ cookies are the fastest but since they cost money I don't have that many. I train in the academy whenever possible. My xweetok can't train in the pirate academy since she is too high a level (70+) because of count von roo, but I train her in the island school. If you want to train level then count von roo is a pretty good gamble if your pet is level 20 or lower. He's awake between 12am-1am NST if you want to try it.

• 1 month later...

I use both. I do faerie quests when I have a cookie and keep training at the ninja school to keep my stats even. I use the bulk of my NP on training.

I have a separate pet that I train with only the lab ray. But it zapped to a chia and if it zaps to pea colored I won't zap it again.

• 2 months later...

I bought a bunch of faerie quest fortune cookies when they were half off ...

How often do they go half off? The only NC I have is from site events, but I had some expire (not kidding) and they gave me some game ticket. If it's going to expire, I might as well spend it on FQs, but they're expensive!

I only train with codestones. I Battle to get codestones, then train, rinse repeat. I make sure to hit up dailies that give levels or points. I only just hit the 4 codestone range though, but those time when they slam me with 3 eo's seems to be happening more and more.

How often do they go half off? The only NC I have is from site events, but I had some expire (not kidding) and they gave me some game ticket. If it's going to expire, I might as well spend it on FQs, but they're expensive!

I only train with codestones. I Battle to get codestones, then train, rinse repeat. I make sure to hit up dailies that give levels or points. I only just hit the 4 codestone range though, but those time when they slam me with 3 eo's seems to be happening more and more.

The faerie quest cookies go on sale (half off) during significant events like the faerie quest event.

• 1 month later...

I have been wondering do faerie quests occur randomly anymore? I haven't gotten one since they made changes to bottled faeries and such.

But I do not spend NC on quests as I'd rather spend on customization. So I go for manual training.

I don't really do combo training because I'm naturally risk averse. So what I do now is manual training through mystery island for one pet and ALL of my faerie bottles will also be invested in that same pet.  As for my active pet, it has been zapped many many times that the HP and strength is very high and the level at 1. So it's impossible to train and lab zap.  

I had three faerie quests in the time I was refreshing for Drackonack, neomail addict, and mutant graveyard so they are definitely out there. Personally, I had a few fortune cookies left over from a couple years ago that I am slowly working my way through but I mostly hand train my battle pet. Right now I'm making the run on levels to go to ninja school.