Neopets Down For Maintenance!

Mouseykins

Shortly after midnight Neopets was taken offline to address a few problems that have arisen. TNT made an announcement on their Facebook page and this is what they had to say:

Site Downtime: Neopets.com will be temporarily unavailable as we continue with updates to our moderation system and servers. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be keeping everyone updated once the site is back up and running. Please stay tuned for more updates - thank you!

EDIT: Neopets is now back online as of 3:50pm NST!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

but yay! Hopefully the site will be running a little bit smoother.  :rolleyes_anim: 

Over the weekend I didn't experience anything that others did, I just did my dailies, fed my neopets, played a few games. That was it. I often don't go to the NeoBoards. Like maybe I only have 3 times.

But yeah, I woke up this morning and I was just about to do my dailies, and then the red pteri is out and I was like "aww chocolate faerie cakes!"

Hopefully they don't make more words illegal. It's bad enough you can't say "I skillfully drink my accumulation of grape soda"

This is the biggest bummer.  I noticed that GhoulCatchers hadn't been working either for me for the last couple of days.  I wanted to play after being away from my pets for a week.  Hopefully it will come back up soon.  Seems like it's been offline for awhile though. :(

Over the weekend I didn't experience anything that others did, I just did my dailies, fed my neopets, played a few games. That was it. I often don't go to the NeoBoards. Like maybe I only have 3 times.

But yeah, I woke up this morning and I was just about to do my dailies, and then the red pteri is out and I was like "aww chocolate faerie cakes!"

Hopefully they don't make more words illegal. It's bad enough you can't say "I skillfully drink my accumulation of grape soda"

Yes, exactly.  When I am neo-mailing people and it won't go through, I am looking at words to try and figure out which words are offending and it is something like grape slushie.  However, that is the item NEOPETS named that way, lol.  So what am I supposed to call it?  If you tell the person something different and they try to look it up, they won't be able to find it.  Then you are trying to explain that you can't the word of the actual item.  It is ridiculous.

I don't think they will ax anymore words (hopefully) but the boards were pretty bad.  Those people should be frozen.  There was no reason to speak that way on ANY board, let alone a kid's forum.   

I wanted to train my pet...which takes 12 hours each time :/ so......Eh. let's just hope it's up within a few more hours. I also now feel dumb for opening my fqc yesterday,

Yep, the worst was when I opened my FQC only to have the site go down for the server change.  They got me a new cookie INSTANTLY!  That is one thing they don't mess around with is the NC items.  Send them a ticket right away, if the site is down longer than a day (if you miss any time on your cookie) and they will send you a brand new cookie, plus you will still get to use the remaining time on your current cookie.  Win-win.  With mine, I was working on a fountain faerie quest when the site went down :woot:, I was just hoping the info would still be there when the site came back up so I wouldn't lose it.  It was still there :rolleyes_anim: .  I lost 3 days and they gave me a new cookie.

Oh, man! I was surprised that they are down. I was trying to do my dailies as well. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon!

Oh good, they're fixing the board problems now. AND, they put off doing it until the Altador Cup had finished. Good for them. :)

I'm really glad that they waited until after midnight to give the Altador Cup players a chance to get all their last minute points.

I hope they're using this time to punish some of the worst offenders.

This is such a bummer. I also opened my fqc. :( Hopefully they get the site up and running soon.

I didn't have any problems with the site, but I am happy that they are fixing some problems. I guess I'll actually have to have a life while neopets is down lol ;)

I love how everyone (including me) is all "I just cleaned..."! So true IRL when Neo goes down for maintenance. I'm among the others that hopefully everything will be up and running much more smoothly after this.