Beating Pant Devil on Hard?

I heard beating Pant Devil on Hard awards you lots of codestones, so I thought it would be worth my while to get strong enough to beat him. I tried beating him on medium and I got a draw. Any tips?

If I were to battle him, I would either use my vandagyre or peophin. I would like some help figuring out what weapons to use because I'm kind of a noob in the Battledome. :s

The Pant Devil on Hard has 66 HP. Your Peophin has strength 38, which means he has a 1.5 strength boost. That means in order to defeat the Pant Devil, you will need to attack with 44 icons, assuming he doesn't heal on a turn.

The Pant Devil is fairly well protected against dark icons because of his Rod of Supernova, but his other weapons that defend are all over the place.

My suggestion would be to get 2 10- or 11-icon offensive weapons, and ideally ones that don't use a dark attack. Scroll of the Wise, Scroll of the Scholar, and Altadorian Halberd could be good options. Mixing and matching would probably be a good idea, too.

For defense, each of the Pant Devil's offensive weapons has some physical, so you probably want to get a shield that blocks some physical icons. Leaf Shield is a popular one. If you want to spend some extra NP, Altador Swordbreaker is a nice dual-duty that blocks physical very well.

You can also visit our profile of the Pant Devil at the Battlepedia here: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/150/. It has links to all of his weapons so you can see for yourself what you can expect.

We also have a Basic Weapon Sets guide, as well as a Defenders of Neopia guide, which includes the Pant Devil. That guide is focused on beating on easy, though, since that's sufficient for DoN.

Another option for you is to put some NP toward training. If you got your pet's stats up to the next strength boost at 55 strength, your boost would be 2, and you would need to attack with only 33 icons instead of 44. That's a 125% increase in your offensive power!

I commend you wanting to battle on hard, but in my experience the only difference in prizes from easy to hard is in the NP per battle. You can win just as many codestones on easy as on hard. But on easy, you'll only win 50 NP per battle, so it takes more battles to get to the 1500 NP daily max.

Wow, thanks a ton. It sounds like I should just stick to battling him on easy if there's no noticeable difference in prizes. :3

Just a note from personal experience on this. Dome of the Deep fights award the most Codestones. Koi Warrior on easy is 62 difficulty which you may need to level some to be able to comfortably defeat but worth it. Also, tons of dubloons which all your pets are still able to level at as well. Good Luck in the Battledome! 

Lamppost gave you an awesome break-down and suggestions. If you're looking for other opponents you might want to avoid the Mystery Island Arena. You can get stones there, but 2 of the opponents there. Plumbeard and Tekkitu, both presently out of your strength range, have never dropped a Zed Codestone any of the times I've battled them. We're talking MONTHS. lol

Anyway, if in doubt, you could also use reflectors in your battles. Most of the 50% breakable reflectors are pretty cheap in the shop wiz.

50% permanently breakable reflectors.

Ultra Dark Reflectorb - Darkness

Turbo Flame Reflector - Fire

Shovel Plus - Earth

Super U-Bend - Water

Double Dryer - Air

Instead of a Dual Battle Mirror for Light, I recommend the Expert Lens, does the same thing but never breaks, as far as we know. lol

Also, if you need a healing item. Lesser Healing Scroll or the weaker, but cheaper Slime Potion might be good selections. :)

Btw, Nice to see another Christmas Vandagyre fan. And your peophin looks AWESOME! :D Good luck with your battles!

Lamppost gave you an awesome break-down and suggestions. If you're looking for other opponents you might want to avoid the Mystery Island Arena. You can get stones there, but 2 of the opponents there. Plumbeard and Tekkitu, both presently out of your strength range, have never dropped a Zed Codestone any of the times I've battled them. We're talking MONTHS. lol

Anyway, if in doubt, you could also use reflectors in your battles. Most of the 50% breakable reflectors are pretty cheap in the shop wiz.

50% permanently breakable reflectors.

Ultra Dark Reflectorb - Darkness

Turbo Flame Reflector - Fire

Shovel Plus - Earth

Super U-Bend - Water

Double Dryer - Air

Instead of a Dual Battle Mirror for Light, I recommend the Expert Lens, does the same thing but never breaks, as far as we know. lol

Also, if you need a healing item. Lesser Healing Scroll or the weaker, but cheaper Slime Potion might be good selections. :)

Btw, Nice to see another Christmas Vandagyre fan. And your peophin looks AWESOME! :D Good luck with your battles!

Wow, thanks! :) I decided to just battle the S750 Kreludan Defender Robot though, because it seems to give out the most codestones out of the ones I can presently defeat. :3

Threads like this make it so clear to me that I have zero idea of what to do in the BD! So I'll just stick with the Chia clown for now :*

I get a decent amount of codestones from him, some days I don't get any, but he makes up for that on others, one day I got 7! 5 normal and 2 red. Plus a chocolate icecream every now and then that I can sell for 26-28k.

I'm a fan of the Koi Warrior myself, or most of the Dome of the Deep ones. But everybody has their own favorites. You can see the prizes all of the opponents drop at the Battlepedia, like on the Pant Devil page linked above.

Yeah, I've looked at that before, but I def need to study it further! I'm just a bit of a wuss when it comes to trying stronger opponents, though the flaming Meerca keeps giving me the hairy eyeball, I might need to give him a go...it'll likely end in tears! I don't seem to remember having him as an opponent before, what did I do to get him?

Well, some find it fun to take on opponents equal or stronger to their pets. Since the pets can always be healed, win or lose, it's not a big deal for some. That being said, I know some players who simply don't battle at all, because they wouldn't want their pets to get hurt and such.

If you go for Flaming Meerca, Flaming Oven Gloves are a GREAT cheap shield to block 5 fire and 2 light. Kind of Overkill depending on what he uses each turn. A Downsize! to block 50% of damage once per battle would be good to have too. (Get the one that says DOWNSIZE! NOT, Downsize Power Plus, retired and is only ONE use)

Whatever your weapons, avoid something that relies on Air and Darkness, because of his Earthen Scorchstone's defense properties. ;)

A Scarab Ring might be good, since it blocks some Fire and Physical while attacking with 6 icons.. Although you might lose 2 of it's attack icons because it does have 2 dark icons in it's attack. Still, then you could use the slot for Flaming Oven Gloves, instead use it for a snowball or 2, or if you want to go ritzy, a 15-icon muffin. Just some thoughts ;)

Yeah, I've looked at that before, but I def need to study it further! I'm just a bit of a wuss when it comes to trying stronger opponents, though the flaming Meerca keeps giving me the hairy eyeball, I might need to give him a go...it'll likely end in tears! I don't seem to remember having him as an opponent before, what did I do to get him?

The Flaming Meerca is an automatic challenger. You must have just not noticed him before.