Game lag

ilcannone

Does anyone else experience game lag?

Maybe it's my computer (even though it's less than a year old), or stuff that's on the computer that's slowing it down (I hardly install anything!!) or even the internet connection (back in Saudi Arabia that was plausible, but here in the UK...seriously?!)

It's so annoying. Games like Snowmuncher, Meerca Chase, the sponsored games, PetPetPark games etc all suffer from this lag issue. It's so frustrating!

I don't seem to have that issue. I would suggest trying the low quality links of the game.

So for Meerca Chase, you would use this link: http://www.neopets.com/games/game.phtml?game_id=500&size=regular&quality=low&play=true

I had lag yesterday playing SOSD, but I figured that would be because a lot of people were going to be playing to get as many scores in as possible before the Altador Cup finished. I didn't notice a problem with any other games though.

I don't seem to have that issue. I would suggest trying the low quality links of the game.

So for Meerca Chase, you would use this link: http://www.neopets.com/games/game.phtml?game_id=500&size=regular&quality=low&play=true

Still the same problem! :( must be my computer!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It's most likely due to the increased volume of players being active for longer periods during the AC. Hopefully it settles down now. I had a bit of lag issues while playing some AC games, but nothing terrible. :)

If it's your computer, try using an adblocker if you don't already. I noticed a while ago that disabling the adds reduced the lag on my old computer.

I've been experiencing a lot of lag myself with the games and navigating pages (almost to the point where the gateway times out :O).

I agree, it could be the AC, but I also suspect it could be a result of the downtime earlier this week- but don't quote me on it.

This happens to me on and off, mostly with meerca chase and whack-a-kass. Installing an ad blocker solved most of the problem, but when it acts up, I find it helps to open the game in a fresh window with no other tabs.