I have a draik egg and a dilemma

mallgoth

A little while ago I got a pirate draik egg from Anchor Management, and at first I was really excited because before I took a break from neopets they were worth millions. And then I realized what they are worth now :(  Draiks aren't my favorite, but I don't dislike them or anything. If I painted it a nice color I might end up really liking it.

So I have two options:

• Hatch the egg, get the draik avatar, and then either trade it/maybe keep it, or...
  • Sell it for 300-400k and save for a pet that I really really want

The avatar is so tempting..... :S

I really want a grey poogle but since a grey pb costs around 1.5 I don't think I could trade for that  :P I could just get a poogle of a different color and save up for the pb though.

I have very little knowledge on trading pets so I don't really know what I could potentially get for the pirate draik.

Same dilemma here. I don't really care for pirate draiks, and I also got a faerie eyrie mp from the altador cup. I'd prefer the eyrie, but the extra av out of the deal is tempting. It's not like it would be money lost by doing both since I didn't pay for either of them, but it still seems like such a waste to do it just for the av and then the poor draik rots on a side account. I don't really have a dream pet anymore, all of them are stuck on my old main.

Yeah I have a faerie eyrie mp that I don't know what to do with yet too. I don't think anyone wants to buy it since there are suddenly so many of them on the market. It might sit in my sdb for awhile.

I think I'll probably end up hatching the draik and trading it. That way I get the avatar and a pet that I like more. I don't know what I would trade it for, though. People were crazy about draiks for awhile but I think the draik-fever has calmed down. This is what happens when you take long breaks from neo, the pet-trends change so quickly I can't keep up!  :eh:

I could probably get a painted poogle for it, right? Like a middle-of-the-road color, and a good name of course.

I sold all of my ACX prizes right away since there wasn't a market for them yet (I got 15k for my mps!). How I see it is the value will only continue to go down because the demand for those Neopets will go down. People will be trying to sell their mps but everyone with that many neopoints will already have their dream pets! (correct me if I'm wrong)

Same dilemma here. I don't really care for pirate draiks, and I also got a faerie eyrie mp from the altador cup. I'd prefer the eyrie, but the extra av out of the deal is tempting. It's not like it would be money lost by doing both since I didn't pay for either of them, but it still seems like such a waste to do it just for the av and then the poor draik rots on a side account. I don't really have a dream pet anymore, all of them are stuck on my old main.

So I just morphed my first pet, had always been eyrie, draik. I had a MP and an egg quickly depreciating in my SDB. Got my avatar but now actually considering morphing back to eyrie. I have nothing against draiks, had desperately wanted one back in the day. My favorites are desert or maraquan. But I have too many pets to just like a species. I need to LOVE it, and recently I've been trying to match names with color/species.

Sorry that your pets are stuck, any chance you could get into that account by submitting a ticket? I am really thankful I thought to change my email from my school one to my personal years ago and I used my real birthday. Otherwise who know!?!

ZYDP, the guild link is on my lookup, may be able to help you find a grey poogle

Why hatching the egg to get the avvie, when you could apply for the TDN avatar lending chain and get it for free, without the need to worry what to do with the Draik afterwards? And sell the egg and save the money for the grey PB? Its value, as I understand from your post, is almost one third of the value of the PB, this is a good start. You can invest your money in the Food Club and if you follow some of the good guides about it, at the end you'll probably have enough for the PB, right?

Why hatching the egg to get the avvie, when you could apply for the TDN avatar lending chain and get it for free, without the need to worry what to do with the Draik afterwards? And sell the egg and save the money for the grey PB? Its value, as I understand from your post, is almost one third of the value of the PB, this is a good start. You can invest your money in the Food Club and if you follow some of the good guides about it, at the end you'll probably have enough for the PB, right?

That's true. I don't have enough posts to qualify for the lending chain yet though and I'm kind of impatient! But that might be a good idea. More neopoints are always nice.

That's true. I don't have enough posts to qualify for the lending chain yet though and I'm kind of impatient! But that might be a good idea. More neopoints are always nice.

I see :) But there are a lot of interesting topics on the forum here and you can easily up your post number in several weeks. In the beginning I thought I'll never be able to borrow any pet from the ALP chain but now I have all the avvies from there without a single spam post :)

Good luck whatever your decision may be!

Thanks for all of the great advice everyone!

I logged on today to find that someone had gifted me a grey paint brush!! I won't say who, but it was so incredibly kind I still can hardly believe it  :wub_anim:  

When I get more neopoints I'll be sure to pass it on and help someone get their dream pet too  :laughingsmiley:  (if anyone's dream pet happens to be a pirate draik let me know)