TDN Sidebar gone?

techwreck15

I noticed when I checked the Dailies page today that the sidebar is no longer present. It loads normally when I open the home page, but disappears when I access the dailies page. This problem is present in both Chromium (the Arch Linux version of Chrome) and Firefox browsers. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is something (else) going wrong with my computer (again)? 

I am also experiencing this issue, although I'm not quite sure why it's happening.

I'm really glad of that. I've been trying to fix so many computer issues lately I feel like I'm on a wild goose chase. One fewer problem is always a good sign.

In other news, I noticed that the games list at the bottom of the dailies list is also gone. It says there's an error in line 113 of the PHP code, which I'm sure is relevant to the sidebar problem as well.

My guess is that someone edited the code recently and accidentally made a logic error. If so, it will probably take a while to fix. Looking through a few thousand or hundred thousand lines of code for what could be as simple as a missing semi-colon ( ; ) takes a long time and is really quite frustrating. 

I noticed this earlier as well and figured it might resolve itself. My guess as to why it's acting this way is the page is having trouble grabbing today's featured game. It was working fine yesterday, so it'll probably be fine again tomorrow when the featured game is changed. I've poked Ian about it, so he'll look into it when he has a chance. :)

That makes sense. Especially since both of the PHP errors (or, perhaps, both links to the PHP error, since they appear to have the same destination) point to a non-existent page on Neopets.

Perhaps the issue is that today's Featured Game is from the *nonexistent* Jelly World.

This should now be fixed! Let us know if you find anything else not working properly. :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Songbirdsara if you have any questions regarding this action.