Part 10 - The Collector HELP!!

Ballerina

Okay, so I cannot for the life of me find the items I need. I've got 100x the inflation in NP and I've been refreshing for days, but I can't find the items. I tried just plotting the coordinates, but it says that it isn't a constellation. Please help.. 

Are you changing the amount of NP you have on hand for each shop? The shops all have different inflation rates.

If you have the correct amount for each shop, I'd back up a bit and go through the part from the stuff right after the last constellation (so, basically the top of the Collector section of the guide) and re-do all the visits to be sure you didn't miss one on accident.

Are you changing the amount of NP you have on hand for each shop? The shops all have different inflation rates.

If you have the correct amount for each shop, I'd back up a bit and go through the part from the stuff right after the last constellation (so, basically the top of the Collector section of the guide) and re-do all the visits to be sure you didn't miss one on accident.

Yeah, I change it, but I will definitely try that! Thanks!

Ah I double checked and I should say go back to the very end of part 9 as 10 doesn't have any extra steps before "go find the thing in the shops". Visit the Janitor, Archivist, and Astronomy Club. The Janitor I'm not sure is totally necessary, but the Archivist usually is and the Astronomy Club has relevant things starting at the end of 9 so be sure you've dropped in on them.

• 3 months later...

Ah I double checked and I should say go back to the very end of part 9 as 10 doesn't have any extra steps before "go find the thing in the shops". Visit the Janitor, Archivist, and Astronomy Club. The Janitor I'm not sure is totally necessary, but the Archivist usually is and the Astronomy Club has relevant things starting at the end of 9 so be sure you've dropped in on them.

So what are we supposed to do, have 100x the amount of nps on hand and just keep refreshing until the item we need appears in the shop?  That is ridiculous.  Do we need all 3 items or just one of the three?  This could take days.

So what are we supposed to do, have 100x the amount of nps on hand and just keep refreshing until the item we need appears in the shop?  That is ridiculous.  Do we need all 3 items or just one of the three?  This could take days.

No, you only need one of the items. And here is the "fun" (sarcasm intended) part: as the TDN guide states, "Head to any of the three shops in Altador: Illustrious Armoury external_link.gif, Exquisite Ambrosia external_link.gif, or Magical Marvels external_link.gif. The Neopoints you have on hand should be equal to exactly 100 times the current inflation rate. For instance, if the inflation rate is 4.52%, you should bring 452 NP with you. You have to deposit all your other money in the Bank external_link.gif. You should then visit every shop in turn until you see an item with a scale figure (libra) on it. Click on that particular item. Remember that each shop has a different inflation rate." Key phrase is "in turn". So, pick one of the three shops, say Illustrious Armoury. Now, say the inflation rate is 2.31%, as an example. Deposit any NP you have on hand so you only have 231 NP you are carrying. Go back to Illustriuos Armoury and refresh a couple of times. If you do not see the "Altadorian Coin Purse", then go to one of the other three shops, say Magic Marvels. Keep the 231 NP on hand and refresh at Magic Marvels. If you do not see the "Scales", then go to "Exquisite Ambrosia" still keeping the 231 NP on hand. If you still do not see the "Altadorian Chocolate Coin", then you have to start over, so to speak. Start with a different shop, this time, such as "Magic Marvels". Magic Marvels inflation rate will be different, so get 100X NP of that inflation rate - say it is 3.61%, so either deposit or withdraw the proper amount from the Bank to have 361 NP on hand. As before, go back to "Magic Marvels" and refresh. If you do not see the "Scales", keep the NP on hand and go to the other shops. Lather, rinse, repeat until you see one of the items. I know it seems ridiculous, but once I realized you pick a shop, get 100X the amount of NP of that shops NP, go back, refresh, and KEEP that amount of NP on hand while refreshing at the other two shops, it didn't seem to be too bad or take too long. My problem was I went to one shop, got the NP required and when back to that one shop. When I didn't see the item, I went to the next shop and got that shops 100X amount of NP and went back to that shop only and refreshed, and did the same at the next. As you can see, I made it harder for myself. Keep trying and I know you will get past this. This is much easier compared to the "water works". You got this far and I know you can finish this plot. Take a deep breath, relax. You could also open the two other shops in separate tabs, along with the first, to make it easier.