Trading Post Troubles

Mirandaell

I've been having trouble with the trading post as of late.  Where to begin really, for starters i search for a common item that people should be  trading,for example: Christ mas paint brush, i should find hundreds of lots trading them, but it tells me there's no trades for it, I would think there would be, why not? i can find it on the shop wizard just fine.  then when it does come up with something like a specific book it only shows me about 1-4 trades. I highly doubt only 3 people are trading their tuskany treasure book, it's so common and so many usually are just trying to rid of it. there should be hundreds of pages of trades for that, but i find three?  Is this a problem for others too, or just me? I feel like others are experiencing this because I personally are not getting allot of hits on my trades where before a lot of free food would have 5 offers in 4 minutes but now hours go by, and i have 1? I do all of my buying/selling via trades here basically and it's hurting me.  Is there a way i can fix it, is me, or is neopets being janky like usual? :shiftyeyes_anim:

Make sure your spelling is correct, ie Christmas Paint Brush vs Christ mas Paint Brush. Other than that, I think it's pretty honestly just that the TP is not overly used right now. A lot of people aren't trading anything that can be sold via shop wiz because it takes more effort. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a glitch.

It all depends on the items your searching for.  If the items you are seeking are buyable right now (meaning that they sell for under 99k) or are close to being buyable (worth ~125k or less), you would have much better luck using the SW and finding them in user shops - mainly because most sellers don't like to wait for offers they just want a quick profit.  If you REALLY don't like using user shops, you may want to try searching the auctions for items as well ^_^  

Make sure your spelling is correct, ie Christmas Paint Brush vs Christ mas Paint Brush. Other than that, I think it's pretty honestly just that the TP is not overly used right now. A lot of people aren't trading anything that can be sold via shop wiz because it takes more effort. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a glitch.

Yep, this.  Your spelling has to be absolutely correct.  For example, some items are listed very differently and this is just an example, IDK exactly how it is listed on the TP, but you might find say a Pink Paintbrush, and then you might find a Lost Desert Paint Brush.  Obviously that isn't the reason why you would only be finding 3 instead of 30 of something, but that could be why you aren't finding any of some items.  As Bri said, people who want quick profit aren't using the TP as much anymore for items that are buyable.  I know for myself, unless it is someone I KNOW is online quite often, I don't bother because I have waited and waited and waited, and waited and.....................to never get a response.  When I was buying my lab map, I was so excited.  But I wanted a good deal.  I saw sellers who said they were online daily, online now, check their trades frequently, etc.  I waited 7 days for one offer.  Eventually I just paid the higher price to someone I KNEW was online and trustworthy.  The deal went smoothly.  The point is, people want things quickly, and the TP isn't always quick.