Customization takes the sparkle out of collecting

I have always loved krawks, fondly remember when petpets were released and I wanted to have a few. Well now I do but with the new poses all being the same it just looks odd. Collecting several colors of a species seems... well lackluster. Our pets were so much cooler in their old poses.

I loved the old poses. It gave them more personality than the slight change of expressions you may or may not find with some colours like Darigan and Grey. Too bad it's a ton of work to make clothes for all of them with so many poses, though unconverting would be a neat option at the cost of not being able to put clothes on them. Then the uncoverted pets wouldn't be as coveted.

I would love if they would have like a (fairly) rare random event (or a really really super rare lab ray effect?) that would unconvert pets. I kind of doubt they'd do it, but I really love some of the old poses, and I'm sure I'll never get hold of an UC pet unless I ever get supremely lucky on a pound hunt. *sigh*

I'm not sure if it would have to be an UC option; it would make a good aboard the coincidence consequence. Though I would not mind a few UC grey and darigan pets. Its more about poses and yes the time taken to draw all the cloths on a species. The Ixi has variation, enough to make it interesting. Krawks unfortunately don't. 

2.png2.png2.png

I agree that the unique poses among species and colors in the unconverted artwork does give the pets a depth that are lacking in the customization versions. But, I think there is something to be said for the creativity that customization affords. I've seen some clever pet/name/clothing combinations around Neopia.