Happy Ruki Day!

hrtbrk

The pastel Ruki is pretty except for the fact that its head is a completely different color than the rest of it. Did someone forget to fill that part in?

I have a feeling that it was intentional  :mellow: There are other Pastel pets that have 4 different colours, but all of their heads match their bodies. I think they should have either made the torso green along with the head (and kept the limbs pink/blue and the feet yellow), or get rid of the green entirely and stick with pink/blue/yellow.

Edit: I made a very quick and rough simulation...

5vq248.png

Now I think making just the ears green would have been nicer.

I think the sketch colour is so simple yet so nice. I love it! (Even if it looks too perfectly drawn to be called "sketched")

Pastel on the other side... yuck, I don't like it al all, it's just there is something weird with the colours they put on him.

Bahaha! At least I know the Pastel Quiggle can't be any worse than this when and if it comes.

That pink eye-- my sides!

Okay, okay but let me be serious here for a second; I'm not too fond of the Pastel Ruki's color choices, and it looks like I'm not alone here. I'm genuinely curious to what they were going for. What feelings did they want to evoke from the Neopian citizens with this design? If the reaction we're giving them now is what they wanted, then they've fulfilled their goal (though I'm not sure what it is). If they wanted most of us to find this pretty, cute, nice, or something, I'm not too sure what to think...

Oh I LIKE the pastel ruki a lot.  I like everything about it.  I think it is so pretty.  Right now I have a halloween ruki, waiting for the petpet to mature for the avatar.  Then maybe I will paint him pastel.  Love it. :rock: