Money tree

Sinvanor

Just out of sheer curiosity, is anyone else annoyed that the money tree doesn't tell you when you've reached your 10 item limit? I could of sworn today I only counted 6 items, but I can't even get really easy stuff like discarded food, so I probably did grab 10 but forgot everything since I put some of it away. 

Anyway, just a super short little rant about it. I wish like many of the other dailies there was a message with the Acara that said "Sorry, you seem to of grabbed your 10 items for the day. Return to the money tree tomorrow or feel free to donate" or something to that effect instead of the "Someone took that item while you were pondering" message.

I totally agree with this, as I have been collecting junk items for the Rubbish avatar, and when I try to take the junk no one usually gets a few times only to get the "Oh, too slow" message I really start to wonder.

Flutter says:  "when I try to take the junk no one usually gets a few times only to get the "Oh, too slow" message I really start to wonder."

Me too, especially when you go back to the tree and that item is still there, so you go for it again, don't get it, but yet it's STILL there!!!  Yeah, must have hit my 10 items, hmmmm, but only counted.....um........1!!!!!!!  Yeah, been there!  lol

I agree. The only thing I can do is keep count on my hand or keep tally in the mean time. Fingers crossed that a notice for reaching the daily limit is in the future.

Slight off-shoot here, but does anyone else have problem with collecting 10 items from the money tree/second hand shoppe and then being unable to collect anything from the rubbish dump? 

Yes, that's super obnoxious. I haven't been on the money tree lately, but always hated that, because you'll just keep trying until you realize you're not going to get anything...

You could clear out your inventory first, that makes it easier to see what stuff you got, or just make a note of what the first item was and count from there.

I count on my fingers too, lol. Acorah, I could never get anything from the money tree on my old computer, my laptop's nothing special but it's clearly got just enough speed to let me get the things that no-one else wants, lol.

One way that I know I have reached the limit is when you click an item in the donation tree and it gives you that "So you didnt get this item... blah blah blah" There is a huge space in front of it!! But this only works if you would of got the item... If you were actually too slow, there will be no space in front.

el74ld.jpg

I just click on a whole bunch of stuff at once, that generally guarantees at least a few items. As far as keeping track, I just remember the last thing in my inventory before I go there, then get my 10 items in one go. But I agree, it can be very frustrating. Without fail, as soon as I reach my limit, something decent shows up.

How do you guys manage to get anything at all from any of these?! What`s the trick, because I have only managed to grab about 4 items since Feb of last year!

The way I'm able to get items is to middle click my mouse, which opens up a new tab next to it. It's the only way I can click a bunch of things and not leave the page which increases the chance of getting the item.

Whoa, I never realized that. I'll have to try it tomorrow and see if the space shows up.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one annoyed by the lack of notice that the limit has been reached, LOL.

One way that I know I have reached the limit is when you click an item in the donation tree and it gives you that "So you didnt get this item... blah blah blah" There is a huge space in front of it!! But this only works if you would of got the item... If you were actually too slow, there will be no space in front.

el74ld.jpg

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

el74ld.jpg

Like x infinity for this tip! That was so well spotted of you! Thank you so much for sharing this!

No problem!!! Im always try to find tricks and ways to make things easier. lol.

I just click on a whole bunch of stuff at once, that generally guarantees at least a few items. As far as keeping track, I just remember the last thing in my inventory before I go there, then get my 10 items in one go. But I agree, it can be very frustrating. Without fail, as soon as I reach my limit, something decent shows up.

I usually scroll to the bottom of the donation tree where the last 8 items or so are. Then with my left hand I press CTRL and R to refresh and if I see something good I use my right hand to click my mouse. A few days ago I got a paint brush... So dont give up!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Although I think everyone would appreciate a real notification for grabbing past the daily limit,

I suppose the real and final decisions for coding that in aren't up to us.

Thanks for sharing that tip about the white space though!  I never noticed that.

I used to refresh at the money tree all the time and would have an empty inventory before starting so I could keep track of how many items I've received.

I can't help but wonder if that mysterious white gap once you have 10 is actually meant to show something, and whoever coded it either hid it/didn't complete it/it broke or whatever. Because there's obviously something causing it.

Now I'm looking in the page source, because I'm nosy like that. I might spot something relevant, but don't hold your breath, in the meantime, take a look at this. My friend Yan told me how coders put messages and notes in their code, there's some good examples here. :laughingsmiley: Anything between */ and /* is a note

https://images.neopets.com/css/default.css?v=4

• 5 years later...

ik this is impossible to get i only got 4 and those stupid ghost things keep taking them away.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant/ancient, please create a new topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED.

• Duma locked this topic

If you see a message that ghosts have taken everything, it means that there are no items at that time, someone needs to donate something first.

Also, be aware that you may collectively grab up to ten items per day at the Money Tree, Second-hand Shoppe and Rubbish Dump.