Is Trudy's Surprise Not Working For Anyone?

Pikky126

Hey, Trudy's Surprise, as I'm sure we all know, is intended to raise it's payout everyday that you play it, until day 25, then reset. However my Trudy's Surprise seems to be stuck in time. Every day that I get on and roll 2 of a kind, I get 19000. The days don't progress for me for some reason.
Is this happening for anyone else?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets Dailies' to 'Neopets Help'.

Yep, I've been getting that for days now, too. Not sure why, because I also thought it was supposed to keep going up. Either another error on the site, or they just put a max on it. That would be quite a lot of NP per day spinning a wheel if it kept going up, though.

I got the same today, 2 matches and 19k. Maybe they've realised that it increasing every day is just crazy...

Same here. I got two matching yesterday, and two matching today, and received 19K NP for both days. I have a feeling it does max out the NP after a certain time. The announcement, if I remember correctly, mention something about being able to earn 100,000 NP if you played everyday, during the 25 day period. I haven't checked recently, but maybe TDN has updated their "Trudy's Surprise" guide and may have answers. In any case, 19K a day for one spin, is good enough for me!

Trudy's surprise hasn't been working for me for five days now. All I get a big blue square and nothing else. Kiko Pop is working either.  Has anyone else had these problems or knows how I can access these games ?

Try clearing your web browser's cache (temporary Internet files). If it still does not display, try checking/updating Adobe Flash. Kiko Pop, and I believe Trudy's surprise use Flash. Flash has had a couple of updates in the past month, correcting security flaws. Firefox automatically disabled the vulnerable version of Flash, until it was updated. You could still run the vulnerable version of Flash with Firefox, you just had to (manually) tell Firefox to enable it.

hi all :) new here, but saw this and it is one of the things that prompted me to sign up!!

I have too, been having this weird blue background square despite kiko pop working so not too sure if it is to do with Flash.

this has happened for the past 4-5 days, including super lag and basically can't do dailies or games due to it being so slow. it did work for about half an hour a couple days back and it froze but I was awarded the money which I think was about 19000, so I don't think not playing has impacted the amount I have increased by.. has anyone else had this or found a way to fix it?

I tried your suggestion but to no difference

hi all :) new here, but saw this and it is one of the things that prompted me to sign up!!

I have too, been having this weird blue background square despite kiko pop working so not too sure if it is to do with Flash.

this has happened for the past 4-5 days, including super lag and basically can't do dailies or games due to it being so slow. it did work for about half an hour a couple days back and it froze but I was awarded the money which I think was about 19000, so I don't think not playing has impacted the amount I have increased by.. has anyone else had this or found a way to fix it?

I tried your suggestion but to no difference

Not sure what OS you have (Windows, Mac), but try also clearing the Flash cache. For Windows 7, click Start, Control Panel, System and Security, then Flash Player. when the Flash Player Settings Manager window opens, it should be on the Storage tab (default). Click the "Delete All..." button. Close all the windows, and try Neopets, again. For Mac, use your favorite search engine and I'm sure there will be many "hits" on how to clear Flash cache with a Mac. However, if you are experiencing super lag, and it is with all sites you access, it could be an issue with your ISP. Sometimes Flash content will not display or display properly with very slow connections. On occasion, Coconut Shy will just show me a gray background. I usually refresh the page and then it displays and lets me play. Also, have you tried it with another browser? It is strange that Kiko Pop still works for you. Trudy's Surprise does seem to take longer to load, for me, than Kiko Pop. It seems to be a "larger" or more resource intensive game, than their "regular" Flash ones, so a slower or "laggier" connections could cause it to not display.

Not sure what OS you have (Windows, Mac), but try also clearing the Flash cache. For Windows 7, click Start, Control Panel, System and Security, then Flash Player. when the Flash Player Settings Manager window opens, it should be n the Storage tab (default). Click the "Delete All..." button.Close all the windows, and try Neopets, again. For Mac, use your favorite search engine and I'm sure there will be many "hits" on how to clear Flash cache with a Mac. However, if you are experiencing super lag, and it is with all sites you access, it could be an issue with your ISP. Sometimes Flash content will not display or display properly with very slow connections. On occasion, Coconut Shy will just show me a gray background. I usually refresh the page and then it displays and lets me play. Also, have you tried it with another browser?

thanks so much for your help!! on windows and yes have tried in a new browser which sadly isn't doing anything to help. will try what you suggested and hopefully it will fix it

thanks again!!

Not sure what OS you have (Windows, Mac), but try also clearing the Flash cache. For Windows 7, click Start, Control Panel, System and Security, then Flash Player. when the Flash Player Settings Manager window opens, it should be on the Storage tab (default). Click the "Delete All..." button. Close all the windows, and try Neopets, again. For Mac, use your favorite search engine and I'm sure there will be many "hits" on how to clear Flash cache with a Mac. However, if you are experiencing super lag, and it is with all sites you access, it could be an issue with your ISP. Sometimes Flash content will not display or display properly with very slow connections. On occasion, Coconut Shy will just show me a gray background. I usually refresh the page and then it displays and lets me play. Also, have you tried it with another browser? It is strange that Kiko Pop still works for you. Trudy's Surprise does seem to take longer to load, for me, than Kiko Pop. It seems to be a "larger" or more resource intensive game, than their "regular" Flash ones, so a slower or "laggier" connections could cause it to not display.

I did the above, didn't make any difference sadly still only shows the blue box. the lag is only on neo not on any other sites which I would expect if it is my internet connection?

Same on here, I think maybe that's the way Trudy's Surprise works or maybe they were in the last minute like "what have we done??? If on day twelve they are getting 19K on day twenty five they'll be getting over 50K!!! Stop it there!!"

Anyway around 20k a day for doing nothing... They are welcome.

I did the above, didn't make any difference sadly still only shows the blue box. the lag is only on neo not on any other sites which I would expect if it is my internet connection?

If the lag is only on Neopets, then it is most likely not an ISP issue. Trudy's Surprise does seems to be "larger" or more resource intensive than their "regular" Flash games. On occasion, I do have problems with Coconut Shy displaying, but I usually refresh and it then displays properly. The lag could cause it to not display.  Even though Flash works with the other content, you could try re-installing Flash. Other than that, I'm at a loss on this one. Strange that it didn't work using another browser. What browsers have you tried? Lastest Flash is 18.0.0.209.

If the lag is only on Neopets, then it is most likely not an ISP issue. Trudy's Surprise does seems to be "larger" or more resource intensive than their "regular" Flash games. On occasion, I do have problems with Coconut Shy displaying, but I usually refresh and it then displays properly. The lag could cause it to not display. Even though Flash works with the other content, you could try re-installing Flash. Other than that, I'm at a loss on this one. Strange that it didn't work using another browser. What browsers have you tried? Lastest Flash is 18.0.0.209.

thanks so much again for all this help!! yeah I am finding it odd too, it is getting annoying now though! I had wondered if it was due to the above idea of them thinking woah 20k a day for most users.. and then decided to crash it but now everyone else is ok using theirs I don't have a clue.. like I said it has worked at times during these past few days between the blue box so who knows!
just a question re. flash - do I just download this and it is automatic? it crashed my laptop last time flash downloaded...

still just a blue box - anyone solved this issue if they have had this? if so how??

latest flash, tried both my internet explorers and chrome and not making any difference, flash is enabled and is up to date, all other sites and games are running fine - meerca chase is still lagging but that is the only one it seems; no problem with kiko pop

I am guessing it is going to restart back to the lower nps tomorrow also as I couldn't spin today due to the blue box of doom (unlovingly named...!)

sorry again all!!

blue box problem - try the battleground link it should work from there

np wise - I got 18,500 today for where there were no matches, so I guess it is all over the place for me too, but I saw on jn that there is nps up to 21,000 listed so perhaps it a flaw at the moment? or this is a static amount it only goes up to or remains that for a few days and then increases?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I think why it's staying at the same increment right now is because it's only supposed to go up to around 100k. My guess is on day 25 the 100k will be for the bad luck bonus. So if the keep going up large increments it would exceed that amount. We'll just have to wait and see how long this pattern holds. :)

Thanks all of you for replying, I honestly thought I was crazy, or that only my Neopets was broken. Either way, I hope it's a bug, I'll try submitting a ticket and maybe asking in the Editorial, who knows, maybe they'll answer one of them.

Trudy's surprise hasn't been working for me for five days now. All I get a big blue square and nothing else. Kiko Pop is working either.  Has anyone else had these problems or knows how I can access these games ?

It seems that trudy's surprise doesn't work with kiko pop, so do her surprise in another neopets area/link thing and then do kiko pop after. It should work :)

Same here. I got two matching yesterday, and two matching today, and received 19K NP for both days. I have a feeling it does max out the NP after a certain time. The announcement, if I remember correctly, mention something about being able to earn 100,000 NP if you played everyday, during the 25 day period. I haven't checked recently, but maybe TDN has updated their "Trudy's Surprise" guide and may have answers. In any case, 19K a day for one spin, is good enough for me!

Try clearing your web browser's cache (temporary Internet files). If it still does not display, try checking/updating Adobe Flash. Kiko Pop, and I believe Trudy's surprise use Flash. Flash has had a couple of updates in the past month, correcting security flaws. Firefox automatically disabled the vulnerable version of Flash, until it was updated. You could still run the vulnerable version of Flash with Firefox, you just had to (manually) tell Firefox to enable it.

We have no more information on Trudy's Surprise than you do unfortunately. It's a mystery to us all I'm afraid. Probably have to wait until the second run through starts and see if there is any changes. It also looks like the FAQ on Neopets hasn't been updated either. Just have to wait and see I guess.

In that case, I'm loyal to a fault. As I'm a member of TDN, I prefer to refer to TDN's guides and info first. But since TDN doesn't seem to have any more info, JellyNeo's guide seems to have it capping out at 19K, so to speak, with two matching icons, starting with day 10. Still, a lot of NP to be made throughout the 25 days.