Restock banned?

seawater

Hi everyone,

I used to play fairly frequently, but left for several years and just now came back about a month ago. So I'm still learning the ropes again since a lot of things have changed since I last played! But I have a question about restocking in the shops.

I know that if you refresh frequently you risk getting restock banned, but how sensitive is the mechanism for determining this? My pet just came down with Ugga-Ugga, and I went to the Pharmacy to look for Sporkle Syrup, refreshed a few times, then went about doing other things on the internet. I came back every 5-10 minutes to refresh, hoping it would show up, but now the shop, and every other shop I visit, is empty? Is this a restock ban? Are they really so sensitive that I'll get banned for refreshing every 5 minutes?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm kind of baffled by this!

I am no expert in this area, but I do not believe you have been "restocked banned". Personally, and lately, when I go to shops, they are either out of items or only have a couple of items left. Although most shops state they restock every 8 minutes or so, sometimes it seems to take longer. Shops seem to empty out quickly, nowadays, too. I usually refresh frequently and eventually I see items in the shops, but that is all I do. I stay on that page, so as not to miss anything. I'm sure another TDNer will explain it better.

The shops restock and run out of items a lot faster nowadays. They increased the restock amount so shops sell more items, and people buy the items in some shops faster than others. Ex: the Pharmacy, Food Shops, etc. Also if your pet still has Ugga-ugga there is another cure for it, called Peppermint Stomach Medicine that is cheaper than the Sporkle Syrup.

The shops now rotate stock and will stay empty for a while. This seems to happen for most shops at the same time, but it's not a restock ban.

I think it's random how frequently they clear out, sometimes it happens right after they stock and you barely have time to buy anything, it's weird. But at least items that people rarely buy won't get stuck in the shop forever.