Ipod

Munchies

So I'm trying to pull the music off of my iPod onto my laptop and I'm having some difficulty. Is there a software that anyone could recommend for this, my mom doesn't remember the one that she used for hers...  

I thought you could use iTunes for that. You may have to authorize your laptop, but that shouldn't be a problem. Now, if you are try to get the music off of your iPod, to use on another device, or just have mp3s, you may need something to convert them from "Apple" format to mp3.

I thought you could use iTunes for that. You may have to authorize your laptop, but that shouldn't be a problem. Now, if you are try to get the music off of your iPod, to use on another device, or just have mp3s, you may need something to convert them from "Apple" format to mp3.

iTunes isn't really user friendly anymore. From my understanding, if the songs were bought in the iTunes store then it wouldn't be a problem to get them as they would also be on the cloud drive. If they're songs off of a CD then you can't pull them off of apple devices and onto your computer unless there's a software involved.. 

You could try the steps listed here, for iTunes: http://ipod.about.com/od/itunesbasics/f/convert-itunes-to-mp3.htm. Just make sure you click the "conversion settings are set to MP3", so you can either change or verify your iTunes preferences are set for mp3. I'm sure others will post possibly better options, but at least it is free and you can keep it as an alternative solution, if you are not sure about downloading other software. If your laptop came with CD burning software, it may be able to convert them, too. I understand iTunes isn't very "user friendly".