Food Club advice? Ideas?

indiechiquegeek

So there was a post a few days ago about getting rich quick on neopets, and someone suggested Food Club. After a combined/total 10 years+ on neopets, I decided to give it a shot. And so far...it's been a total dud. Someone suggested to just follow the bets of the garet_jaxx, and that's what I've been doing for a few days now. But I haven't won anything, not one bet, and now I'm 30k in the hole for it. Which isn't a whole lot, in retrospect, but I figured I'd ask around and see how everyone else approaches Food Club. I'm a total noob to it, but I think I have the very basics down- at least, how to bet, and how the odds stack up if I bet more than once per game. Does anyone have any other advice, other users they like to follow, anything at all to suggest? Even just how much you guys have won in the long haul, or words of encouragement. I'm pretty bummed about being so new to it and failing so miserably already.

I was planning on trying Food Club, but I don't understand it at all.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts on topic and make sure they add to the conversation. If you can't answer the OP's question, please do not post.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Okay the bets for the past two weeks have been horrible, lots of upsets, so if you just started that's probably why. I personally haven't been betting just cuz odds are so off and its been so dodgy. BUT don't give up! Food club will get better (hopefully) soon and yes it is very profitable. I've made almost 3 million so far so just keep trying!

Also make sure you're placing all ten bets because bettors usually have a system for winning so all ten are needed.

I follow this girl Anisa, she does pretty safe bets and always posts her wins so you can see how she's been doing.

http://www.neopets.com/~FoodClubBets

Good luck!

Like someone else said, the bets for the past while have been awful, it was a bad time to start :) I think I was the one who suggested garet, but I meant garet off of the TDN food club guide, who goes under Boochi_Target, I think. But again, the odds have been terrible so a lot of people are having a 'loss' so far. Keep trying, because it should pick up again :) I've made a profit of probably 300k or more over the last 2 months of trying :)

Bets Placed Bet Total Win Total Difference

8023 68160038 NP 124780676 NP 56620638 NP

Those are my stats from playing Food Club for less than two years. I earn about 70-90% profit off the money I bet, on average. But it is volatile. I've never had a losing month, but a few regular players have. So in general, I'd recommend betting no more than 3-5% of your total NP each day (total, not per bet). Others recommend taking what you can afford to have tied up in Food Club and dividing by 140 for the amount you can place for each bet (because within 2 weeks, you should have at least a few wins to use for future bets). As your bank account grows, obviously you can bet more.

To find someone to follow, check out the Food Club Competition topic on the Neoboards. There's a link to a petpage that lists many of the bettors' petpages where they post bets, and you can also check out the competition results to decide whom to follow. (The results are divided by category, and you can pick someone who scores high in the categories that matter to you, whether it's a safer betting strategy -- probably correlates with longest win streak -- or total winnings.)

I use Lefty's bets http://www.neopets.com/~innocent .... I've won a decent amount from this guide. 

The first time I ever played food club, I used someones bets from reddit, and won 777,000 NP ... needless to say, I was thrilled.  I haven't been quite so successful since, but Im still wayyyyyyyy up in neopoints from it :)  ... just have to keep trying. 

Garet (a.k.a. garet_jaxx) bet the other day despite knowing that the odds were bad because he had been on vacation and wanted to get back into the betting spirit, so I wouldn't give up just based on that day :) Also, there have been numerous upsets in the last week and lots of the big FCers have busted (as well as little ones like myself). That being said, FC is a ton of fun and worth keeping an eye on. If you ever have any questions or just want to discuss the bets with someone and the reasoning behind them, feel free to join the board here: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=157337847. Like Siniri said, we're always hanging around the HC.

Definitely keep up with it!! The first time I tried it I just made random bets, because I had no idea what I was doing. I never won, so I gave up. I've only gotten into it this year....Now I'm kicking myself for all the NP I could have made if I'd stuck with it all those years.

I follow Garet, too. I found Anisa while he was gone, and am following her bets today. In less than a year I'm up over 3 million - and that's even starting at a negative amount and missing plenty of days. You will have days where you lose everything, then you'll have days where you make 3x what you put in and it makes up for it.

Honestly, if you're new, you don't even need to know too much about how to bet at this point, you'll learn more as you go. For now, just trust that the bettors everyone is recommending, in the long haul, come away with more NP than they spend, because they do. Pick one, follow them exactly, all 10 bets, everyday that you can, and you should profit from it in the long run. Stick with it, it's worth it!

All of these are excellent suggestions. It's true, the odds have been so jacked up the past two-ish weeks. Like 80-90% profit rates were/are resulting in busts (which is... stupid).

But anyway, I also use Reddit for my best. A few great users to start out with are fiberpunk and jessv12. Their bets are relatively safe and will help you get the ball rolling. Once you start making enough profit or you feel comfortable enough, branch out to other betters. They will present a greater risk but larger reward.