Something Has Happened!

Xenobia

Ooh Dice-A-Roo. I played that once and poor little Ria lost a level.

And now I have an irrational vendetta against it. The only avatar I've ever tried to get is Imposter Apple, and I was so happy when I finally got it. (But that was like a year or two ago, so it doesn't really count)

I'm still trying for the Imposter Apple one!!

The Apple Bobbing Tank swallowed my cheese omelette but not my imposter apple. Meh. D: I shall continue to try. I'm trying for most of the random avatars, wheel of excitement, knowledge, forgotten shore.

I don't really want to try for the wheel of extravagance one yet cause I really feel the pinch when I have to spend 100K on a single spin. :( mediocrity is so risky, my pet might just be plagued with so many kinds of bad stuff.

Oh man, how did she lose a level? I think that's the Count Von Roo avatar! :)

If count von roo wins your pet loses levels. If you tie at least once and win you get the avatar, but if you tie and lose after getting the avatar you lose the avatar. Every time you tie you risk losing or gaining double the level amount of the last round. Example: one roll=1 level, tie once= 2 levels, two ties=4 levels, etc.

I have the imposter apple, dice-a-roo, wheel of excitement, wheel of monotony, wheel of mediocrity and wheel of misfortune avatars. You can get the imposter apple avatar if you get the imposter apple from apple bobbing too.

If count von roo wins your pet loses levels. If you tie at least once and win you get the avatar, but if you tie and lose after getting the avatar you lose the avatar. Every time you tie you risk losing or gaining double the level amount of the last round. Example: one roll=1 level, tie once= 2 levels, two ties=4 levels, etc.

I have the imposter apple, dice-a-roo, wheel of excitement, wheel of monotony, wheel of mediocrity and wheel of misfortune avatars. You can get the imposter apple avatar if you get the imposter apple from apple bobbing too.

Yeah I'm slowly getting there. That's why I'm not gonna play Count Von Roo anymore, cause I don't intend to lose the avatar at all. Heh.

Congrats on the avi :) May I ask how long it took? I tried playing Dice-A-Roo again recently having had little success in the past but I must just be very unlucky :P

Thank you! :) it took awhile, I usually play Dice-A-Roo when I'm bored or when I give up on Pyramids. Last night it took 3 tries before I got the avatar. Quite a surprise. I was so excited when I finally got it!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm still trying for the Imposter Apple one!!

The Apple Bobbing Tank swallowed my cheese omelette but not my imposter apple. Meh. D: I shall continue to try. I'm trying for most of the random avatars, wheel of excitement, knowledge, forgotten shore.

I don't really want to try for the wheel of extravagance one yet cause I really feel the pinch when I have to spend 100K on a single spin. :( mediocrity is so risky, my pet might just be plagued with so many kinds of bad stuff.

Oh man, how did she lose a level? I think that's the Count Von Roo avatar! :)

Oh, yeah he won the dice toss and stole her level, and I may have gotten the avatar, I don't remember.

As for the Imposter Apple, just put all your items in your Safety Deposit Box besides the apple, then if something will fall in it with be the apple guaranteed. That's how I got mine.

I am trying to get the Mortog one... I just NEVER have enough luck.

In general, I have no luck on Neopets, except for the Imposter Apple avvie, which I got after a few days.... the others one.....no chance........for example, with the lever avatar, I spent more than 150 k and still nothing,..

I am trying to get the Mortog one... I just NEVER have enough luck.

In general, I have no luck on Neopets, except for the Imposter Apple avvie, which I got after a few days.... the others one.....no chance........for example, with the lever avatar, I spent more than 150 k and still nothing,..

I'm also trying for the mortog one but sometimes I lose patience and I just give up. Oh man, I think I've spent close to 10K on the mortog one and about 5K on the pull the lever. I hope you get the lever one soon!!

Oh, yeah he won the dice toss and stole her level, and I may have gotten the avatar, I don't remember.

As for the Imposter Apple, just put all your items in your Safety Deposit Box besides the apple, then if something will fall in it with be the apple guaranteed. That's how I got mine.

Yeah I find it kinda difficult just to have one item in my inventory. I'll make sure that's the case next time I bob for apples!! And also hoping that I'll fish the imposter apple out of the tank, heh.

*KICKS RANDOM AVIES*  I've been trying for years for the Wheel of Knowledge, Lever of Doom, and Snowanger.  Now there is the Kiko Balloon and the Blue Grundo.  Maybe one of these days.  *sigh*

HAHAHA, I think most of us here will know how you feel. I have a feeling the Kiko Pop avatar is going to take me some time. And by 'some time' I mean probably the next 5 years. Another one that I've been having A LOT of my patience tested is the Symol Hole avatar. I CAN'T EVEN GET MY PETPET TO GET ANYTHING OUT OF THAT HOLE.  :grrr:

I've been going to the Symol Hole every day all summer just once a day and I FINALLY got the avatar last week! I was so shocked I stared at the page for two minutes straight haha. 

But I am still trying that Wheel of Knowledge one with no luck :( Maybe one day...

*reads through this thread*

This is the exact reason I decided not to collect avatars.

HAHAHAHA. Well these are usually just the random avatars. You could always collect those game avatars and yknow, you'd probably get a trophy as well. :D The tricky ones are the random ones I guess. But now the game ones are the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. D:

I've been going to the Symol Hole every day all summer just once a day and I FINALLY got the avatar last week! I was so shocked I stared at the page for two minutes straight haha. 

But I am still trying that Wheel of Knowledge one with no luck :( Maybe one day...

Lucky you! Congrats on getting that avatar! :D I wish I was so lucky as well. I haven't fished ANYTHING out of that hole since I started playing again. 

All the best with the Wheel of Knowledge, I'm also trying for the wheel avatars now. :) You'll get it soon! 

I checked what avatars I had yesterday, and found I had the symol one o.o No idea when that happened!

WOW. I wish that would happen to me. HEH. Maybe you went off the page too quickly and didn't see the SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED! :D It's a good thing anyway! :)

Congrats! I had every random and chance avatar on my old account, except for the lever of doom. I spent thousands of np trying to get that. On my new account I got it after spending 600 np, but now I am working on getting all the others. I was most proud of having all the wheel avatars. I'm hopeful I'll eventually get there again.

WOW. I wish that would happen to me. HEH. Maybe you went off the page too quickly and didn't see the SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED! :D It's a good thing anyway! :)

Could be! Though the 5 avies I've got over the past few days, I only got the SHH message for 2 of them, so who knows!

Congrats! I had every random and chance avatar on my old account, except for the lever of doom. I spent thousands of np trying to get that. On my new account I got it after spending 600 np, but now I am working on getting all the others. I was most proud of having all the wheel avatars. I'm hopeful I'll eventually get there again.

Oh man, I spent so much on the lever of doom already I'm starting to feel so demoralised. D: Yep I'm still working on all the other avatars! It's actually pretty fun :) All the best! I'm sure you'll get there soon as well! What happened to your old account? 

Could be! Though the 5 avies I've got over the past few days, I only got the SHH message for 2 of them, so who knows!

Well, all the best for the rest of the avatars you're after! All the game avatars are so out of reach for me D: 

It'll be a miracle if I manage to get any game avatars, so I feel your pain there ><

Oh my! I got the Wheel of Misfortune avatar and I also didn't get the SHH message and I'm sure I didn't get anything turned to a pile of sludge!  :whaa:

Try the Techo Buzzer! I follow TDN's guide and I managed to get that avatar!  :thumbsup:

Try the Techo Buzzer! I follow TDN's guide and I managed to get that avatar!  :thumbsup:

Really? :O I'm appallingly bad at that game, so I'm scared to even try, lol. Maybe on a day when I'm feeling reckless xD I kind of don't want to look at a guide, because if it shows me a way easier/non frustrating method, I'll wanna throw things ><

Really? :O I'm appallingly bad at that game, so I'm scared to even try, lol. Maybe on a day when I'm feeling reckless xD I kind of don't want to look at a guide, because if it shows me a way easier/non frustrating method, I'll wanna throw things ><

Well it can't really get any easier, basically just make your screen font size bigger then it's easier to follow the line without hitting the buzzer. HAHA. It still takes quite a bit of concentration and patience. I took quite awhile too. YA YOU SHOULD TRY ONE DAY.  :laughingsmiley: Well it's difficult to get the trophy but the avatar is do-able. 

Well it can't really get any easier, basically just make your screen font size bigger then it's easier to follow the line without hitting the buzzer. HAHA. It still takes quite a bit of concentration and patience.

We'll see :shiftyeyes_anim: I have MS and that makes me struggle with concerntration/focus, and I don't have complete control over my hands any more, so I think I'll def need to be feeling brave and up for a challenge to try for this one :woot:

Oh man, I spent so much on the lever of doom already I'm starting to feel so demoralised. D: Yep I'm still working on all the other avatars! It's actually pretty fun :) All the best! I'm sure you'll get there soon as well! What happened to your old account?

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks, I'm sure you'll get the Lever of Doom and the others also :) I agree it's fun working on the avatars, even when getting them again.

As for my account, I'm not sure. I sent some items and np from my sides to my main, all originally from my main, but it was all at once (not the wisest decision I've made in regards to Neopets) and all those trades from my sides to main could have looked suspicious and TNT may have thought I was taking advantage, or it might just be a coincidence and it could be a security problem, but I didn't get the warning about my account being closed for my protection. In any case, I have not heard back from TNT, so I'm going with the real possibility that I'm not getting that account back. Oh well, I have learned some things and Neopets is so fun, I don't mind starting over.

• 3 weeks later...

I had been trying for the wheel of excitement avatar for months.  I was playing 3-4 x a day, and I can't tell you how many times I hit that annoying question mark!  I was sure I'd never get the avatar.  Finally, afer hundreds and hundreds of spins,  I hit the 20,000 NP and got the avatar--I was completely shocked.

I took a break and I didn't play for a few days.  But it was such a habit that I started playing again, and to my amazement, I hit 20,000 again within a week!   I'd been trying for almost a year to hit it just once, and when I finally did make it, I hit it again just a few days later.  It really MUST be random.

So I guess the secret is to be consistent, be patient, and just when you think it will never, ever  happen, you will win the avatar after all!

Good luck!