'X will start after this message' when trying to play games?

thumbelina91

hi everyone

so my games are all normally fine and my browser and flash up to date (no problems with anything else or other sites) but for the past 2 days I have had this message when clicking on a game - instead of loading and the % thing going on, it says 'X *as in hasee bounce for example* will start after this message' this then stays on the blank screen with this message nothing else, no matter how long I wait or refresh the site or browser etc.

I have the normal problems on neo like it signing me out after a few pages, say on dailies it will let me do 3 or 4 before I have to log in again but this hasn't happened with games before

I have done the usual site and browser and computer checks also

anybody else getting this problem or know how to fix it?

thanks so much!!

Yes! I am having the same issue, I guess that they are trying to get money froms ads, moreover the banners that usually appears on the site. I'm fine with ads as long as they help to keep Neopets up. I just hope that Neopets does not turn into something like "Advert Attack".

About fixing it... I don't think that AdBlock is working with these kind of videos (at least for me) so I have no clue.

I had that message today on Catch the Petpet. Just along the top of the game, didn't stop me from being able to play it. Another little hiccup rears its head, I guess!

Hm...I does seem like Neopets is trying to raise more ad revenue. I saw "playwire" appear before "Kass Basher" loaded. However, I did not see an ad play. Straight from playwire's website, "...you can generate revenue from Flash and HTML5 games using Playwire's pre-game and in-game ad solutions." Maybe Neopets is still working out adding playwire to their site and hence the ads not playing, yet. Playing ads before games seems to be the "norm" for many free sites, especially for free smartphone apps. Not a fan, but if it keeps the site free, I guess I can't really complain. Are "ad blockers" still able to stop these ads from playing? If not, that could be why Neopets is "going that route".

yeah it seems you are right, especially with the bank - I get ads popping up and preventing me from doing anything like deposit or collect interest until the ad is finished (often works on a loop)

i loaded healing springs just now and got a huge full page ad on it instead.. things aren't looking so good right now :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm not having any issues on the site involving adds. I suggest if they're bothering you get an add-blocker.

as for the games, I'm not sure. I played Spellseeker yesterday and at first it loaded with a grey window and then after allowing the script to run I was able to play. So if you have browser add-ons they could be effecting your ability to play games.

thanks for your help :) it is working today no problem, if I have another add blocker on top then it refuses to let me play games at all and other sites mess up, but I have 2 types as it is...

it played games ok today, so except for the grey full screen ad every few hours/pages it isn't as bad as before and the bank is really the only one which affects me.

p.s I have issues with flashing screens/flashing ads due to health it isn't me just winging! haha

thanks again everyone :)