Trading Post Issue?

caleew

Not quite sure what to put this under - but over the last day or there's been at least one user who keeps putting up morphing potions for free, and then closing the lots. I've checked their shop out, and they aren't underselling themselves, so I'm not sure if they've been hacked or not, or what to do - should I message them and ask them what they're up to?

I see what you mean - I ended up neomailing the guy and basically saying "hey, if you want something, just ask for it - it'll be less hassle" - think I struck a nerve! Oh well, hopefully he won't do it again.

But 100% agree - it's just stupid! I don't see the point - if you want something, ask for it, otherwise, you are just going to get everything from junk upwards.

Edited - my stupid mistake - he's put the item up AGAIN saying it's free. Gosh darn it (politest way to put it!) that's just annoying. -.-

no, no, that's a popular move on the tp..  ppl put up lots for 'free' and then close the lots, because they get more offers that a way.  they arent really free, i dont understand it, myself, but what they really want is nps and what its worth..  these ppl are not nice, they are annoying, if anything.  because i used to offer on these lots, but i didnt offer junk- i offered reseller offers..  decent reseller offers, and i still didnt get the item/s.  lots were still closed.  id love to use stronger language, but just ignore these ppl.  they are a waste of time..

I agree it's most annoying! In addition, it makes it hard for this of us legitimately offering free items (usually junk for packrat avi) to get rid of our items...I usually just end up discarding or donating because of this. 

I have also seen where the person says "free or best offer". I think it is still annoying because It seems to me they aren't really willing to trade the item for basically free or they wouldn't say "best offer". There is no reason to have the "free" part. Either way, these people are not actually saying what they really want. I don't think it's against the rules, but it is frustrating and rude.

I have also seen where the person says "free or best offer". I think it is still annoying because It seems to me they aren't really willing to trade the item for basically free or they wouldn't say "best offer". There is no reason to have the "free" part. Either way, these people are not actually saying what they really want. I don't think it's against the rules, but it is frustrating and rude.

I always put FREE OBO on my junk trades, because that allows people to either get a deal or give me a deal.

The point in doing that is to make more nps than what the items are worth if you priced them in your shop or a quick way to get rid of 10 junky items.

Most of the time, I usually pick the first person who bid, regardless of the offer, but it is nice to get 200+ nps on something that has literally 0 value (or a max of 10nps) and should be discarded. I highly doubt I'd get many bids, if I put "200nps pls" when someone could go to shops and pay 10 nps.

There is a method to the madness of having people value junk at their own discretion.