Fountain Faerie Quest

alysael

QlsdKtC.jpg

So this happened today..... 

First time in my 10yrs of playing neopets, but I'm not sure what I want to get? What DO I want to paint? 

What would you guys get? So I'm an avatar collector however, I'm not even too sure if I want to paint it in an avatar gaining pet colour? Haha;;; Would like some advice, thank you! 

Congrats!!

I actually just got an FFQ the other day so have been trying to work out the same thing. What I have been doing is looking at the pets I have and working out what colour I would paint them and if that's 'worth it' to use an FFQ on. I've also been trying to work out dreamies that I want and again if they're worth it with the FFQ.

As for the avatar. I too collect, and it was a tough decision. I'd look at what pets you might want first, and if they co-inside with an avvie colour, great, but if not, and you'd prefer to paint your pet however, maybe just do that? Also remember there's the ALP lends that you can borrow most avatar pets from, and that you have until you get a second FFQ to decide what you want to do with this one.

Good luck!

Congratulations!!

I have been playing inconsistently for thirteen years, and I still haven't gotten a FFQ. Do you have any dreamies? I would turn mine into a Coco Jubjub, for sure. That's my ultimate dreamie. You have to decide which pet is worth it for you, though. I'd say go with your gut and pick a dreamie. Best of luck!

I would go for avatar if thats what you like to collect, but I would personally get a chocolate colored pet. since thats my dream pet :)  I used my first FFQ for avvie. 

Congrats on getting that :) Also i know some people don't like this idea BUT- it is possible to get the FF quite a bit if you buy the quest cookies with NC. I've had 2-3 FFQ with those. 

When it comes to avatars, the only one that can't be gotten any other way is the Buzzin avvie. Coloured pets you can paint or borrow, but there's literally no other way to get the Buzzin av other than using a FFQ. Dreamies can also be gotten by painting and trading, you just need to save up the np. I got the avatar with my FFQ, as you can never be sure when you might get another.

I had this problem. In the end I went with painting my draik stealthy because it was the most expensive colour. Few weeks later, realised that I hated it!  (It's the eyes!). She's actually yellow now because of having to move her onto a side to then move my magma draik to that side who has the stealthy clothing now.  

I got my first FFQ from the grey faerie as well. Then a few weeks later I got another one! I saved that one up because I couldn't decide what to do with it. In the end I used it to paint one of my Discworld pets desert because the colour fitted best with her customisation. 

So my advice would be to hang on and think about what you want to do with it. I pretty much decided straight away to paint my pet stealthy and it was a mistake. I should have gone with painting her grey as I've always wanted to but got swayed by the cost of the colour. Now I'm just going to have to paint her silver as I can't afford grey thanks to wasting all the NPs I had saved on CC.  

You don't need to use it unless you get another FFQ or grey faerie quest. There's no rush. 

My first FFQ I went with my dreamie- a maraquan kacheek. However, I wasn't really into collecting avatars at that time. The second time around I went for the Buzzin' avatar and haven't regretted it at all. I actually love my stealthy buzz :)

I got one last year from the grey faerie too! I'm not an avatar collector so I just looked at every pet in every colour. I finally decided on a stealthy cybunny so I adopted a cybunny from the pound and painted him. No regrets - I still think he's awesome! 

I got one using a quest cookie, from the Fountain Faerie herself. I've been around for 10 years next year (that's a looong time) and I got it earlier this year. I spent mine on my dreamie: desert Lutari (Temarile) :) I think, if I will ever get one, I will get the buzzing avvie, but I'm not that into avvies. Maybe paint my lupe a nice colour, but I don't know what for sure. Go for your dreamie!

Wow congrats on getting a fountain faerie quest blessing. I know what I'll get if I get a dip in the rainbow fountain: I'll paint my xweetok faerie. Though after that I don't know what I'll do after that since painting my xweetok faerie is my highest goal. Well whatever you do with it is ultimately your choice. :D

FFQ is always worth a congratulations! As you did, I got mine through the grey faerie during the faerie quest event this year. Things I take into account when planning pets: prices of morphing potions/paintbrushes, which pets I like and in which colors, also check which colors can or can't be used at the rainbow fountain. Since I like to theme my pets, I wanted a darker color for midnight_mist. Over about a week, I found that out of all pets and colors, I liked the stealth gelert the most. So midnight_mist went from a blue lupe to a cloud gelert with the help of a morphing potion before being painted stealth at the rainbow fountain. Since I don't really care to much about avatars, I don't have much advice to give. Overall, just take your time and narrow down your choices before you decide. Best of luck!

Congratulations! I'd paint my bruce, Mihloo, Halloween. In your case, I agree with people saying take your time. Look at all the pet colors and think about what you would most want and if you are going to like it later. If you are considering painting a pet to get an avatar, think about how important that is to you. Of course, even if you change your mind you can paint/morph a pet again, or you could even get another FFQ. However, at this point, you might as well take your time to get a color you really like.