grave danger (is it worth it?)

I've been playing grave danger in hopes that I might get some cool prizes, but I don't think I have ever gotten an awesome, expensive prize. Has anyone lately? Is it really just as rare as it's supposed to be? Should I keep doing it?

Oh that's awesome. Thanks.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The best I got was a Blue Xweetok Morphing Potion but you can get r99 items that are worth millions (Draphly, Glyme, Coffee Service, Mootix, Babith). You can also get a Maraquan Paint Brush and a Maraquan Petpet Paint Brush.

I wonder the same about the grumpy old king, the deserted tomb, and the lunar puzzle... anyone have any good experiences there?

You can get a Pygui and a Lunar Cape from the Lunar Temple, they are exclusive prizes and worth a lot but very rare. I'm still trying to get my hands on them...

pygui_red.gif         clo_cape_lunar.gif

In the Deserted Tomb you can get codestones if you find the treasure and there's also a random avatar.

As for Grumpy Old King, you can get a trophy if you get a high score, same for King Hagan. King Skarl was supposed to give away exclusive items such as the King Skarls Snowbunny but I don't think they have been "activated", since no one was ever seen with those prizes.

snowbunny_meridell_skarl.gif

Oh I kind of stopped participating in that daily- mostly because I forget. It's not much of a hassle to do, just a quick click every day to see what your petpet has found. As previously stated, there's no harm in doing it and there are some pretty neat prizes if you're lucky. Almost everyone that I talk to in my guild have reported something neat that they've received from the daily, so don't get discouraged

I got a maraquan petpet paintbrush once.  I was pleasantly surprised.  A friend of mine got the sporkle syrup but I don't think it is available anymore.  Doctor's bags are pretty decent and I get them quite often.  I have gotten a couple Starry Grarrl MPs and a Blue Xweetok MP.  So yes, because it is free, it is absolutely worth it.  Plus, I got quite a few "neovian dark fall" books which I sold during this charity corner even for over 47,000 ea.  So, you never know which daily prizes are going to be valuable.  Just sock them away in your SDB for a rainy day.  You never know when it might pour. 

I got a Strale petpetpet from Grave Danger once and sold it for like, a million and a half NP I think? Something like that. I held onto it for a while because it was very cute and rare but I wasn't ever going to use it. (It wouldn't have gone with any of my pets/petpets. If it'd been an Aboogala that might be a different story...)

I also have gotten a couple morphing potions, usually cheap ones though. But yes, certainly it's definitely worth it to check the grave danger. At the very least if it gives food I can feed it to one of my pets that day.  

The best I got was a Blue Xweetok Morphing Potion but you can get r99 items that are worth millions (Draphly, Glyme, Coffee Service, Mootix, Babith). You can also get a Maraquan Paint Brush and a Maraquan Petpet Paint Brush.

Maraquan Paint Brush?!  :whaa:

So I could achieve my dream of having a maraquan tonu?!  :O

Well, drat! I keep forgetting to come back every 7 hours. I have gotten a Blue Xweetok Morphing Potion from Grave Danger though.  :)

Maraquan Paint Brush?!  :whaa:

So I could achieve my dream of having a maraquan tonu?!  :O

Well, drat! I keep forgetting to come back every 7 hours. I have gotten a Blue Xweetok Morphing Potion from Grave Danger though.  :)

I have gotten a Maraquan petpet pb, so yes it is absolutely possible.  I usually forget to check every 7-9 hrs as well, but I ALWAYS check daily during my dailies.  And if I am playing later on, I will check again.  But usually it will have like an hr to go and I forget to go back.  But that's ok.  At least check once per day.  It can really pay off.  And even a cheap morphing potion can get you a couple thousand NPs.  Every little bit helps. 

I do it as one of my dailies, but I've never gotten anything good from it. I don't use the NC items that give you the extra items, because I am not really impressed by any of them.

Since it hasn't been posted in this thread explicitly, check out the TDN page for prizes you can get.

Aaaand I know it's not a TDN page, but here's the JN page so you can see what you might get from those NC items. Here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't gotten anything amazing but it's free so I keep doing it. Has anyone noticed if the type of petpet matters? I've gotten slightly better things with my slightly better petpets but I wasn't sure if that was just a coincidence.

I highly doubt that the type of petpet matters, since I dont think that they have a ranking for petpets, unless you mean by price.