NC trade/ gift (following the rules)

charelan

Hi! Looking for some advice:

I was seeking a particular NC item. A very kind fellow neopian has offered to give me this item as she has no use for it. She expressed she is not interested in NC items or anything in return.

I wanted to at least provide her with a gift box for the item. I've never done a trade or any of this before.

I saw when I tried to send the gift box that it can't be sent empty. So I am wondering - if I put an NC item that I don't want can I send it and she can reuse the box to send the dress to me? Or is the box a one use item that will cease to exist once I send something in it?

I also couldn't help but notice the big warning that it is not allowed to exchange NC items for NC, np, or np items... So does this mean that I am unable to do anything to show my appreciation? I don't want to get either of us in trouble obviously but I'd have loved to send a nice item or something as a thanks. If I did that though would it be construed as 'trading'?

It all seems very complicated!

Does the other person happen to play/spin Trudy's Surprise every day? If so, she may already have a NC "Basic Gift Box". Not certain, but I believe you can use that to send a NC gift item to someone. I have 9 of them since Trudy's Surprise started. She could one of those to gift you the NC item. Just a thought.

Does the other person happen to play/spin Trudy's Surprise every day? If so, she may already have a NC "Basic Gift Box". Not certain, but I believe you can use that to send a NC gift item to someone. I have 9 of them since Trudy's Surprise started. She could one of those to gift you the NC item. Just a thought.

They can be used.    It would definitely work.  

Thanks for the help :) I took your advice and sent a fall capsule. She got a nice item she likes and nalelan looks cute in her new dress!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.