The Runway

deboratibi

I am very excited for this! I've been wanting to do this for a while, but my schedule is too full right now. I'll definitely have to remember to enter every so often. :)

ENTRY FORM:

Entry Name or Title:

Outfit Image:

Animations Link:

Character Story (optional):

I'm working on an entry, but because I'm a novice at using the DTI site I have to ask newbish questions now because I don't know how to do things :* ...

So...what do you mean by animations link, what is that and how do I get to it? Is that the individual item things in the SWF links section? I am planning on having an animated item in my entry so I'm going to need this? Also, for the outfit image, this is going to be one of the links in the download/sharing section, right? But, which one and what coding option?

Sorry for being such a newb, but I've no idea what I'm doing, will there be some helpful instructions added to these contests, for people like me who can't find their bum with both hands and a flashlight? :shiftyeyes_anim:

You can find everything you need for the form on the Sharing tab:
WpaPGRZ.png

The link for animations would be the one found under the Outfit Page part. That links to the outfit's page, which allows you to see the animations. Like this: Outfit page

I'm not sure what size Deb prefers, but the outfit image can be found on the same tab, likely the Medium image size. You would just copy the url and either paste the URL in the form, or use the Image option in the message to paste the URL and it will show the image.

As far as coding option, using plain is best if you use the easy editor for your posts, instead of seeing the actual code (The little toggle button is the top left grey light switch button), since you can just press the button that looks like a picture and paste the URL and it does the coding for you. If you just paste urls in the non-BBC code viewing version, it will automatically make it a link when you post/send a message.

Thank you, Spritzie!  :thumbsup:

Yes, the Medium size is preferred, but it's not something to worry much about since I can resize the images if necessary. What matters the most to me is the animation link (or outfit page)!

Cool, I want to enter into this! Thank you Scoobert_Doo for referring me to this link. I can't wait to do this and to see what the next theme will be!

As I'm not participating this round, anyone who would like some help or assistance of any kind in preparing their entry can PM me here on the forums and I'll do my best to help you out. :)

I don't quite understand this, do we use the Dress to Impress to dress a pet that we own with items we own, or do we pick random items and random pets?

I don't quite understand this, do we use the Dress to Impress to dress a pet that we own with items we own, or do we pick random items and random pets?

The purpose of using Dress to Impress is to have access to any pet and items you think will fit the selected theme best, since sticking with only what you have would be very difficult and limiting (at least for most people). Feel free to use any pet or items you wish, whether you own them or not!  :)

I'm glad the banner is getting some notice! :)

Looking forward to seeing all the entries for this theme! :) 

Congratulations to our winners! I hope everyone had fun!

And now, for the new theme:

CURRENT THEME DETAILS

Current theme: Winter Ball

Entering period: Monday, November 30th - Sunday, December 6th

Voting period: Monday, December 7th - Sunday, December 13th

Make sure not to miss the entering period! I'll be looking forward to receiving your entries  :)