Constellation not found - Protector

blinkk5

God this plot is driving me nuts.  It seems there is a glitch at every step.

I've been trying for days to get the stupid Protector constellation to register.  No matter what I do, "it looks like those stars don't match any constipation".  I mean constellation.  

I've tried clearing cache, attempting it on a different browser, and refreshed my handy constellation-finder a million times to make sure I'm reading the right coordinates.  When I build the constellation, it looks exactly like the stars in the walkthrough.  I'm positive every star is in the right place.  Does anyone know what else I can try?  I'm ready to pull my hair out.  This is insanely frustrating.  

God this plot is driving me nuts.  It seems there is a glitch at every step.

I've been trying for days to get the stupid Protector constellation to register.  No matter what I do, "it looks like those stars don't match any constipation".  I mean constellation.  

I've tried clearing cache, attempting it on a different browser, and refreshed my handy constellation-finder a million times to make sure I'm reading the right coordinates.  When I build the constellation, it looks exactly like the stars in the walkthrough.  I'm positive every star is in the right place.  Does anyone know what else I can try?  I'm ready to pull my hair out.  This is insanely frustrating.  

I do agree, the Altador Plot can give constipation. So, I'm having to guess you completed the "Water Works" and have already seen the necklace and are just at the point where you have plotted the constellation, but when you click "Find" or "Plot" or whatever it is to enter the constellation, it tells you it "doesn't match". Are you connecting the stars exactly as shown in the guide or as the picture of the necklace shows? 4 of the stars will be connected in a square shape, with the 5th star in the center, so to speak. The center star will be connected with a line from the top and bottom stars and with a line from the left and right stars to make a cross or "plus". The "lone star" or star by itself is not connected with a line at all. Double check the "lone star's" coordinates to make sure it is correct. Also, have you completed ALL of the steps before plotting the constellation, especially by going back and visiting the Archivist, once you have seen the necklace? If you forget to "talk" to him, it will not let you find the constellation ("doesn't match), even if it is completely correct. That is the best I can advise. If you made it past the "Water Works", IMHO you have completed one of the hardest parts of the "Plot". The next hardest, I believe, can be finding the Spell Book. Keep trying! You made it this far and I know you can finish this. For me, it helped to take a break, when I got stuck or frustrated with this plot. It really helped and I was able to continue on with a "fresh" mind. You got this!

Hmm...I double checked that I visited the Archivist.  That's done.  Water works is done.  I'm pretty sure all the previous steps have been satisfied.  I will keep double checking just in case.

Here's what I'm looking at.  These are the coordinates I keep filling in.  I got these coordinates from the constellation finder.

33le7tt.jpg

Now that you mention it, I just realized I've been connecting the stars a bit randomly.  Because it's symmetrical, I just connect the dots wherever I feel like, until the shape is completed.  Is there a certain order I have to connect everything?  

Let me try what you said.  I'll have to make the "plus" shape first.  Then I make the diamond.  Then I add the final star.  Huh.  Let me try that and see what happens.  I'll be back...

Oh my god it worked!  It's all about the ORDER in which the stars are connected.  Damn, that's so simple.

Thanks a ton, Scoobert.  You saved meeeee

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Scoobert is absolutely right!  The next part of the plot that is very difficult and is going to drive you insane is the spellbook.  You need to take a break if you find this to be the case.  A fresh mind gives you a new, and usually correct, perspective.

Congrats on making it past the waterworks. I started the altador plot when I came back in the spring of this year (It was just starting when I left Neopets oh so many years ago and I really felt the itch to finally finish it), and I quit after the water works. I spent 3 months trying to get past that point in the plot and made no headway. I decided to wait until my paid vacation from work comes around and it's almost here! My vacation starts at the end of this month and now I'm starting to feel anxious to pick up the plot again, especially since everyone says the worst is yet to come. Lol. Does anyone know if the prizes are actually worth the headache? I plan to complete it no matter what simply for the satisfaction of having done it but it'd be nice to know.

Also, this is offtopic but shout out to the Neopets community for consistently being one of the most well written online communities I've ever been a part of. Every time I speak with a fellow Neopets enthusiast everyone is always wellspoken, considerate, polite, and generally has excellent grammar and spelling. The "l33t" speak and abreviations are rare and when they are used it is appropriate and well timed. Plus the humor and mind set of everyone is on point! I always feel like I'm speaking with very caring, intelligent, and humorous people and that is rare here on the interwebs. :) Keep it up and DFTBA!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. This board is intended to help with the Altador Plot.

Congrats on making it past the waterworks. I started the altador plot when I came back in the spring of this year (It was just starting when I left Neopets oh so many years ago and I really felt the itch to finally finish it), and I quit after the water works. I spent 3 months trying to get past that point in the plot and made no headway. I decided to wait until my paid vacation from work comes around and it's almost here! My vacation starts at the end of this month and now I'm starting to feel anxious to pick up the plot again, especially since everyone says the worst is yet to come. Lol. Does anyone know if the prizes are actually worth the headache? I plan to complete it no matter what simply for the satisfaction of having done it but it'd be nice to know.

The Spell Book can be difficult, but I do not think it is as bad as the Water Works. My belief is, if you can make it past the Water Works, you can make it through the rest of this Plot. Personally, I enjoyed doing the Plot. However, the "daily" prizes you get aren't worth much, if anything. Some may classify the prizes as "junk" items. I don't believe you can get rare items from the "daily". For finishing the Plot, you get 5000 NP, a few other items, and a trophy for your lookup, plus an avatar! I believe JN lists what items you can get from the daily.