trading via side account

rntracy1

There is some info on this topic, but not this specific question.  While you can use the TP to trade from your main to your side accounts, what about trading items BACK to your main from your sides? 

Also, what about using your side account to gift items to another user through the TP?  Let me explain this better.  The person I was trying to gift items to has too many items in their inventory.  I do as well, as you can only have 50 items in your inventory to trade.  The TP will only show the items in your inventory from the bottom up.  So the new items in my inventory (the ones I wanted to gift) weren't showing up to create a trade.  Is it ok to create the trade on my side account, as long as I am not making NPs from this trade?  Thanks.  This forum is the best.

As long as you're just using the trading post to transfer items/neopoints between accounts while following the no earning neopoints on your side account you're free to transfer away. :)

As long as you're just using the trading post to transfer items/neopoints between accounts while following the no earning neopoints on your side account you're free to transfer away. :)

ok, great!  That's what I thought.  And what about my second question, if you know the answer.  Can I trade/gift an item to another user, on the TP, from my side account, as long as I don't get NPs for it?  So if she/he traded me say a pile of dung or a food item for a dubloon.  As long as I am not profiting from it.

Thanks for your answer.  It clears things up a LOT!

It's best that you don't. A general rule of thumb is all items need to go out through your main account to other users and such.

Sorry I got distracted earlier and forgot about the second half of your question. :)

Be careful about trading from many sides to your main too quickly. I had sent np and items to my sides that I realized I didn't want on there and I made the mistake of trading everything back pretty much all at once. I ended up getting my sides and main acount frozen, I think because TNT thought I was making money on my sides. Maybe I could get them back, but at this point I've moved on, but anyway if you have to trade from more than one side I'd definitely recommend waiting a little bit between trades.

Just wondering...if you are trying to gift items, can't you just gift it directly? Like click on the item and select gift to _____, select neofriend and you friend should accept within 24 hours. It's a one way transfer and I don't believe there's a limit but they'll just get spammed by gift messages. I've never gifted so many things at once.

I know a long time ago, I engaged in a trade with a friend. I forgot what I sent her but I had to do 5 or 6 trades as a transfer. And we did them all at once, I think what I was doing was helping her get number six probably. For some reason, I thought that was easier than doing it through auction...? What I did at the time was ask her to put more items in the trade because I was worried it might look like a scam but we were neomailing each other so there's written proof in a way that we had written agreement of our "trade and terms". I was also taking on risk because if my friend turned out to not be trustworthy, I've pretty much lost several thousands. Anyway that worked out with no issues, she got the avvie and I got the np back on the same day.

And why does the other person have a lot in their inventory? Is it because you're both trying to exchange the same number of items?  Couldn't you move the things that you are not gifting into a safety deposit box?

I think it's riskier to do things in the sides, so I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you space it out in a couple of days so it looks like they are independent transactions and not raise red flags. But I have engaged in transfers with my sides, in order to send some np to my side account to do pet transfers and have had no issues.