Neopet Lookup - Weird Description

LiaVsHerself

Well, I was just checking my Neopets lookup page and noticed something weird. My pet has a description. I wasn't even aware pets could have descriptions but what mine says left me very anxious.

It says and I quote:

Hi, I'm Aquarel and my nickname is Quarrel! My best friend is kalimera but if you want to be my friend, write to ilikepigs, my owner! P.S.: Limace is a big bloke

The thing is I'm the owner and my username isn't ilikepigs. My neopet wasn't adopted, I'm the original owner. I don't understand how this description thing is even there.

Should I be alarmed? Can anyone help me make sense of this?

Maybe you did this when you were younger and you can't remember. I've searched for Kalimera (whose owner is this) and ilikepigs - Maybe you remember one of these as being your friends a long time ago? Besides that, the only other possibility, if you didn't change it, is that someone has or had access to your account. Just to be sure, you can change your password to something only you know about!

I would just clear your pets description and be done with it. There's probably nothing to be worried about. That text is a little odd, so by clearing it you can put your own text there.

Whoops misread it a bit there. If you believe your account has been compromised then you should change your password and PIN. If you don't think your account has been compromised, and it's possible what Hert said is true, then I'd just change the text. You could also submit a ticket to TNT regarding this.

I'm extremely alarmed now. When I recently got hold of my old account, besides real life friends and family members, I had only 3 other neofriends, which I removed, and none of them were the people mentioned above. I do not recall ever having them as neofriends. Actually, I never had any sort of friendship with someone on Neopets (something I'm looking forward to do differently this time around but that's another topic). I wouldn't change the description myself and no, the neopet in question wasn't acquired in a trade or adopted. I am the original owner. There only leaves the option that someone has had access to my account.

I have changed the password and PIN since then but I can't shake off the feeling that someone accessed it in the past. To be honest I've had that feeling for a while now. Something seemed a bit out of place but since I couldn't say for certain exactly how many neopoints were in my bank account before or the exact items there were in my inventory/SDB I always thought I was just being paranoid.

If I submitted a ticket to TNT (which I admittedly do not know how to do) what exactly could they do to help? It's not like I have a list of supposedly stolen items. Not that I know for certain something was stolen although I doubt someone would access my account only to change my very bland looking yellow JubJub's description...

Should I just forget this whole thing and move on?

The good thing is you're still able to access your account! Most people when they're accounts are compromised it ends up frozen for the owner's protection. Another thing you should do is double check your email to make sure it's still set as one of yours. Also go through your settings and add the security feature that will ask you for your birthday when you login from a different location then normal. It can be a bit annoying if you access Neopets through a mobile device, but it's an added layer of protection to keep your account secure.